DG PENCIL Box Manager
PENCIL’S MISSION, VISION, AND CORE COMMITTMENTS:
PENCIL links community resources to Nashville Public Schools to help young people achieve academic success and prepare for life.
The DG PENCIL Box is a free teacher resource center focused on getting MNPS teachers and students the supplies needed for academic success. The flagship program is the shop at the DG PENCIL Box where teachers can come and take $400+ of free supplies for their classrooms. Other programs under the umbrella of the DG PENCIL Box include LP STEM Lending Library, Classroom Creatives, Pack4Success, Amazon Need Right Now, PENCIL Box Pop-Up Stores. The DG PENCIL Box also has a multitude of local and national partners that it carefully works with to help secure product donations for Metro Nashville schools.
The PENCIL Box Manager runs the daily operations of the retail store and its warehouse facilities. The primary goals of this position are to effectively run the PENCIL Box and its expanded services (deliveries, pop-ups, or satellite locations) so that Metro Nashville Public School teachers receive the classroom supplies they need for their students and ensure that the PENCIL Box is a well-known community-based hub for school supplies within the greater Nashville community.
Store & Volunteer Management (40%)
- Run an effective teacher shopping experience, including training volunteers in basic store jobs (front desk, restocking, teacher checkout, etc.…)
- Coordinate teacher shopping at the PENCIL Box.
- Assist Director of DG PENCIL Box Programs maintain a policies and procedures manual for the PENCIL Box store and warehouse.
- Submit accurate reports on donations with emphasis on year-end numbers for annual audit.
- Enter donations and PENCIL Box contacts into Salesforce per best practices policy and procedures. Ensures thank you letters are sent timely for donations.
Warehouse Management (50%)
- Host regular dock hours and collaborate with the Director of DG PENCIL Box Programs to schedule shipments, deliveries, and pick-ups.
- Keep warehouse tidy, free of clutter, and maintain safety protocols for staff and volunteers in the warehouse.
- Maintain the upkeep of PENCIL pallet jacks, and forklifts.
- Receive, sort, count, and record all donations.
- Pull items for restocking prior to each shopping session.
- Lead team in annual audit inventory counts.
Delivery and Use of PENCIL Van (10%)
- Keep van in regular maintenance.
- Make deliveries and pick-ups as needed, or work to schedule other PENCIL staff/volunteers
- Keep van schedule for other PENCIL staff use
- Lead team in prepping loads for pick-up and van deliveries
- Ensure inventory is ready to send to pop-up events and satellite stores
- Performs other duties as assigned
- EDUCATION – High school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
- LICENSES – A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to drive a 20 ft PENCIL Cargo van and must get class F endorsement on license within 60 days of hire.
- SKILLS –
- Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation.
- Ability to effectively interact with all PENCIL clients, staff, donors, and board of directors.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Able to work independently and proactively is critical.
- EXPERIENCE – Previous experience in a warehouse/delivery/moving company is a plus, Previous experience in customer relationships also a plus.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50-75 pounds.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and walkie stacker
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA contribution, 401K with a match, 10 Paid Holidays, Cell Phone Stipend, Paid Family Leave and generous PTO.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $48,000 - $52,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week: Flexible hours but must be consistent week to week to set publishable dock hours and must coincide with open teacher store hours.