Special Olympics Tennessee
Special Olympics Tennessee
The Development Manager’s role is two-fold: (A) Overseeing and ensuring SOTN’s information standards by managing all aspects of the CRM database, and (B) Developing and expanding SOTN’s philanthropic support and relationship base by working from a defined portfolio. In addition, the Development Manager will also ensure the highest industry practices by managing fulfillment, recognition structures, and procedures.
- Oversee and manage organizational data and information management, entry, and reporting procedures across platforms, primarily through SOTN’s Kindful CRM database.
- Ensure best practices and maintain utmost confidentiality by protecting data and information integrity.
- Assist with Unified Champion Schools (UCS) and health data-related grant tracking and reporting requirements.
- Manage holistic fulfillment and stewardship oversight plan for annual fundraising program (e.g., identify opportunities/multiple touchpoints and reporting throughout the fiscal year.)
- Maintain filing systems and information management efficiencies.
- Develop, maintain, and expand a small but targeted fundraising portfolio, including grant opportunities and corporate targets.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer (CDO).
- Measurable outcomes
- Maintain highest information standards with CRM database with accurate and up-to-date reporting and tracking regimen
- Schedule and track established meetings/calls quota with existing and potential SOTN donors and partners to align with year-end fundraising goals as defined by budgeted benchmarks.
- Engage and develop corporate event-related sponsorships where appropriate (e.g., Polar Plunges and special events).
- Serve as staff lead with SOTN’s Young Professionals Board (YPB)
Education and/or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in database management/nonprofit fundraising
- Paid and/or volunteer experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities (ID) preferred
- Two (2) years of Special Olympics experience is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in using relevant technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and database systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and in stressful situations
- Ability to build effective relationships with a variety of organizations
- Willing to travel and work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and meet minimum Tennessee vehicle insurance requirements
- Must pass a criminal background screening and submit to random drug testing
Commensurate with experience. This full-time position is benefit eligible. Special Olympics Tennessee provides health and dental insurance, a life insurance policy, paid time off, and a 401K match.
How to Apply
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO CHARLES STEWART, CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, AT email@example.com
- Date Posted: August 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 09/15/2023
- Salary Range: Based on experience level
- Working Hours: Full-time exempt