Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Development Manager. The successful candidate will support an integrated approach to fundraising and external relations at Conexión Américas. This position helps to advance Conexión Américas’ mission by sustaining and expanding our community of supporters and fostering relationships that result in long-lasting goodwill and financial support for our mission. The Development Manager supports all of the organization’s fund development initiatives, including activities around development as it relates to fundraising, organizational culture and community engagement.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Development and Strategic Growth.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
We focus on four areas of community impact:
Social Integration (family engagement, youth development and college access and success), Economic Integration (microentrepreneurship, financial education, English classes, digital literacy and tax preparation), Civic Integration (advocacy and leadership development), and Community Development (arts and placemaking).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the Director of Development and Strategic Growth to:
○ Lead data administration related to donor information including data input, data cleaning, data actualization, and donation tracking and reporting.
○ Lead management of fundraising platforms.
○ Lead donor stewardship efforts including donor appreciation and thanking donors. ○ Provide support on grant writing and reporting, as needed.
○ Lead the tracking, documentation and solicitation of in-kind donations.
○ Be a liaison and central contact with our corporate partners, including managing the Corporate Volunteer program and newsletter.
○ Support Communications in the creation of social media, content and design, for the development strategy
○ Manage merchandise including inventory, purchase orders, and sales strategy
○ Act as a liaison with the Board of Directors, including taking minutes at Board meetings.
Event Planning and Support
Provide logistical support for special events including annual fundraisers such as Cafecito, Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration & Awards Ceremony and Festival Familiar.
- Provide administrative support and leadership to activities related to organizational people and culture activities such as supporting the planning and implementation of team building staff events and professional development opportunities.
- Manage the Casa Azafrán Art Gallery, including booking, logistics and limited curation.
- Serve as a representative for Conexión Américas to build and strengthen relationships and expand our supporter base.
- Lead and support the planning and coordination of messaging and activities/events to create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization and raise awareness of issues critical to our mission.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team and other organizational programs to coordinate and implement communication activities and press strategy, to ensure they are aligned with organizational campaigns and messaging.
- Provide tours of Casa Azafrán.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Minimum 1 year of experience in nonprofit fundraising, external relations, communications or related field
- Experience and very comfortable working with data systems, Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and data management
- Exceptional written, oral communications and public speaking skills
- Ability to effectively build and nurture relationships with diverse individuals
- Command of Spanish language preferred, but not required
- Capacity to be a “tough-minded optimist,” always acting to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude required
- Enjoys working in fast-paced work environments
- High attention to detail
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Willing and able to provide hands-on logistical support during event planning.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
- Must pass background check
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
Salary range based on experience and other relevant qualifications: $50,000-$53,000
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to Ariel Safdie, Director of Development and Strategic Growth, via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
Please include the following email subject header: Application Development Manager- FIRST NAME, LAST NAME
- Date Posted: January 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other