Friends of Franklin Parks
Friends of Franklin Parks
Friends of Franklin Parks, a fast-growing nonprofit that raises funds to enhance Franklin’s parks and trail systems, seeks a full-time professional with fundraising skills, marketing, and communications experience to perform the duties of a Development Manager and further our mission. Modeling best practices in revenue development and service excellence, the Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Friends of Franklin Parks fundraising efforts including corporate and foundation giving, individual giving, expanding Friends Program and assisting with special fundraising events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director and in partnership with the Board of Directors and other staff to set the goals and strategy and ensure the organization meets and/or exceeds revenue goals.
- Oversee implementation of fundraising strategy, including maintaining an active portfolio of current and prospective corporate and individual supporters.
- Oversee the development and execution of communication strategies, including print collateral, website, digital communications, social media, publications, and branding to support development strategies including capital campaigns.
- Collaborate with related staff in writing, preparing, and submitting grant proposals to foundation funders, meeting submission guidelines and deadlines as required.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are conducted in a timely manner.
- Ability to solicit and close gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Initiates face-to-face meetings with donors and potential donors. Coordinates with the Executive Director and board members to attend as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate data processing and acknowledgement of gifts and related fundraising activity relevant to the above-mentioned focus areas, coordinate gift processing, donor records management and donor recognition.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the development program that reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Create monthly reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Related experience (including but not limited to) nonprofit development, marketing, PR, fundraising.
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
- Knowledge of the fundraising landscape in Franklin and across Middle Tennessee.
- Knowledge, use, and passion for parks and trails systems, a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in development and fundraising practices, especially in major gifts development, grant writing and management, and cultivation of individual donors and can document in donor software.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated ability to be an effective spokesperson and advocate for Friends of Franklin Park’s mission.
- Systems and process management skills sufficient to manage a complex mix of revenue generating activities.
- Development skills to be channeled through email, website, socials, donor updates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Indicators of Success
- Meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Growth in donor engagement across giving sectors.
- Well-managed workload and demonstration of sector best practices.
- Demonstrated ability of making a positive contribution to the organization’s effectiveness and growth, and to the culture of the organization.
Benefits: We offer an extremely collaborative, encouraging, and mission-driven environment.
Generous paid personal time off.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Please send resume, references, and salary requirements to Torrey Barnhill at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this job posting.
No phone calls please.
To learn more about Friends of Franklin Parks, visit www.FriendsofFranklinParks.org.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Date Posted: October 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 11/28/2022
- Working Hours: Full time position M–F with some flexibility with schedule due to work evenings and weekends as warranted by meetings, events and other department needs