Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary
Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary
Leads all organizational efforts to raise funds to support the programs and initiatives of Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary (OHNS). This includes prospecting, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, corporate, and foundation donors; annual fund appeals; and fundraising events. The Development Director is expected to build upon our reputation as a beloved environmental education destination while growing financial support and deepening donor engagement. The ideal candidate loves the outdoors, thrives in small organizations, is a team player, goal-oriented, outgoing, a self-starter and eager to take Owl’s Hill to the next level.
Fundraising & Events:
- Establish annual fundraising goals and strategies for the organization. Implement an annual work plan to meet goals.
- Take the lead on writing and submitting foundation and corporate grant proposals, and any required reporting, in deadline-driven environment.
- Manage promised funder recognition and benefits
- Solicit corporate support for program and event sponsorships
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with donors, stakeholders and volunteers
- Lead prospect research and cultivation efforts to expand donor base. Identify and prioritize key actions for the Executive Director and Board of Directors to take to engage current and potential donors
- Coordinate direct mail, annual appeals and fundraising campaigns across multi-channels
- Oversee regular donor communications, including but not limited to newsletter, emails, annual report, thank you correspondence and pledge reminders
- Manage the CRM database; ensuring records are current and accurate
- Ensure donations and gifts are entered and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Plan and execute spring/summer fundraising and donor appreciation events, including managing planning committees
- Maintain a fundraising calendar to ensure funding submissions, grant applications and mid-cycle or final report deadlines are met
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with board members, sponsors, and donors
- Prepare quarterly board reports and attend Board of Directors meetings
- Reconcile revenue and expenses to budget
- Assist with program services and delivery, as needed
Marketing and Communications:
- Manage website and social media (or manage social media intern, if applicable)
- Submit OHNS events and happenings to community calendars in a timely manner (or manage intern, if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of relationship management and fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage prospects and donors; cultivating relationships that result in major gifts
- Excellent written and presentation skills; successful grant writing record required
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills; exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects or concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and database management
- A team player and self-starter with a curiosity for knowledge
- Able and willing to work outside of standard office hours, as required, including weekends and evenings
- Commitment to the mission of Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary; demonstrated interest in nature and conservation
- Experience working on a capital campaign is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation is required
- Must clear background screening
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Generous paid time-off and 10 paid holidays, healthcare stipend, savings incentive plan option (SIMPLE IRA) with company match, and annual bonus based on individual and organizational performance.
How to Apply
Please combine all materials into one PDF and email (a) cover letter telling us why you are the right candidate for this position, include any salary requirement, (b) resume and (c) a fundraising-related writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your message. Applications missing the required materials will not be considered. Review of applications begins immediately; position open until filled. Top candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Environment
- Salary Range: up to $56,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F. Occasional weekend and evening work required.