Nurture the Next
Development Coordinator Chattanooga Area
Nurture the Next
The Development Coordinator Chattanooga Area is essential in helping Nurture the Next fulfill our mission by raising funds to support operations and our strategic plan. Working closely with the Chief Development Officer, this position will cultivate and foster relationships with donors and foundations, initiate campaigns that will broaden and deepen resources for the organization.
SSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain and grow fundraising in the TN Valley-Chattanooga area through individual donors, family foundations, corporate foundations, and the business community.
- Facilitate activities and correspondence for Nurture TN Mother Mentors
- Identify and incorporate successful strategies for significantly broadening and deepening individual and major donor awareness and support
- Maintain a portfolio of donors by engaging with current, former, and potential donors. Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual portfolio metrics
- Engage collaboratively with the Development team, communications team, Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff
- Plan and execute events such as public awareness campaigns and special events for fundraising, community awareness and advocacy.
- Plan and execute annual development events in the TN Valley-Chattanooga area (Committees, budgeting, sponsors, logistics)
- Network within the TN Valley-Chattanooga area business community to build relationships, grow opportunities for corporate sponsorships and gain corporate volunteer groups.
- Participate in events benefitting NTN such as community awareness events that promote the agency and programs.
- Work with Chief Development Officer to identify development volunteer opportunities and collaborate with the Parent Leaders/Volunteer Coordinator. Assist with volunteers, ensure volunteers are engaged, trained, aware of assignments, and have a plan for activity prior to the start of the event.
- Frequently represent the agency and build strategic relationships at community, civic or other public functions.
- Embrace and demonstrate organizational values
- Use analytical data, agency metrics, and client stories to share organizational impact
- Seek grant opportunities and assist with gathering data to apply for grants
- Track contributions through Salesforce and maintaining data, revenue and expenditures and maintaining development budget for state. Coordinating with accounting staff to gather revenue and expenses by campaign (maintaining all deadlines).
- Write all thank you notes for donors in TN Valley-Chattanooga area or on assigned projects.
- Coordinate workshops for staff to become familiar and comfortable with community outreach when necessary and relevant
- Work with the Communications Team on all projects pertaining to fundraising and development such as The Annual Report, The Impact Report, Giving Tuesday, Year End Appeal, Big Payback, etc.
- Three to five years, preferred, in fundraising and development work for nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to self-direct daily work tasks and practice effective time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen well and communicate effectively with both internal and external resources.
- Strong networker
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Willingness to work non-standard business hours and regularly participate in community events
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Microsoft Office, email, internet; Must be able to meet documentation requirements
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
Occasional out-of-town and overnight travel may be expected. Regular day travel in the local community.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in related field. Demonstration of equivalent experience will be considered.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to keyboard and do data entry at a computer. The employee is frequently required to drive, walk and climb stairs in the office and in a variety of community-based and home settings. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision and ability to adjust focus and see to drive. The employee must have access to reliable transportation. The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, families’ homes and community spaces, with frequent exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to meetings. The noise level varies by sites and meetings.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield or Cigna medical and dental benefits paid 100% for the employee
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Voluntary health and wellness program
- Retirement Savings with matching contributions
- Paid Parental Leave – Four weeks of paid parental leave (beyond short-term disability) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Employee Health and Wellness Program that provides a health tracker opportunities to earn incentives through meeting wellness goals
How to Apply
Apply online at https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/PCAT.careers?CareersSearch
- Date Posted: March 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/27/2023
- Salary Range: $42,000-55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week