Development and Marketing Coordinator
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Mending Hearts is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that helps women restore their lives from addiction through a long-term treatment program that offers hope and healing in a supportive community environment – regardless of their ability to pay.
As the largest nonprofit in Tennessee offering the full continuum of care (detox through independent living) in Tennessee, we provide a holistic approach to addiction recovery through compassionate phases of care in a family environment. We identify the triggers and stressors of addiction while establishing the support needed for recovery. Our unique program develops independence and offers opportunities to reintegrate into society with confidence.
Our dynamic team of clinical, medical, nonprofit, and development professionals continues to expand as we identify more opportunities to help women seeking freedom from addiction. Our growing team welcomes members to a supportive professional environment.
The Development & Marketing Coordinator will support Mending Hearts’ array of fundraising strategies and activities and implement its marketing and communication strategies. Working hand-in-hand with the Sr. Director of Development, the Coordinator will engage with activities such as fundraising events, donor stewardship, peer-to-peer fundraising, digital marketing, media, community outreach and more.
- Support the Sr. Director of Development, Leadership staff, and Board Members in implementing the development strategy to meet Mending Hearts annual fundraising goals and operating budget
- Create fundraising tools such video tours, pitch decks, and the annual report
- Identify and attract annual fund donors including monthly recurring donations and one-time donors
- Connect with corporations and local businesses to secure engagement through Mending Hearts’ volunteer program, sponsorships, and event participation
- Cross-train on Mending Hearts’ foundation and government grants research, writing, and reporting processes
- Provide donor stewardship through recognition of donors and donor database management. Database management includes mining the data for opportunities and understandings
- Support and implement (as needed) fundraising events including Annual Rise Breakfast, Women Touched by Addiction, Giving Tuesday, and the Big Payback
- Increase the volunteer base and its activities (including data collection) through outreach to corporations, churches, civic groups, and schools
- Identify speaking and appearance opportunities for Sr. Dir of Development, CEO/Founder, ED, and Board Members
- Participate in community and networking events, as needed
Marketing and Media
- Implement brand awareness, physical and digital* marketing, and media strategies
- *Digital Marketing includes website, social media, email campaigns, text, peer-to-peer giving campaigns, and newsletters.
- Create timely, accurate, and compelling marketing and media collateral including video, print materials, presentations, press releases, social media posts, and blogs
- Coordinate interviews and leadership team appearances
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors
- Maintain an ongoing marketing and social media calendar
- (Required) Minimum 3 years proven experience in nonprofit marketing
- Minimum 1 year experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Minimum 1 year experience in fundraising events
- (Required) Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience
- Effective digital marketing skills (social media, email campaigns, p2p fundraising)
- Design skills for marketing collateral, fundraising tools, and digital marketing
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising campaign types and tactics
- Effective, professional written and oral communication skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, donor databases (Bloomerang experience is a plus), design software (i.e., Canva, Photoshop experience is a plus), and social media platforms
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, Simple IRA, Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please send resume and contact information to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: March 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 04/30/2023
- Salary Range: 38,000 - 40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:30a-4:30p