Development and Community Engagement Manager
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Development and Community Engagement Manager. The successful candidate will lead an integrated approach to fundraising and external relations at Conexión Américas. This position helps to advance Conexión Américas’ mission by sustaining and expanding our community of supporters and fostering relationships that result in long-lasting goodwill and financial support for our mission. The Development and Community Engagement Manager supports all of the organization’s fund development initiatives, leading corporate partnerships, fundraising, event planning, and community engagement strategies.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Development and Strategic Growth. Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Development and Strategic Growth and the Co-Executive Directors to coordinate corporate partnerships, including assessing ongoing needs, communicating with donors around partnership opportunities, organizing corporate volunteer opportunities, and researching new partnerships
- Event Planning and Management
- Led the planning and execution of special events including annual fundraisers such as Cafecito and Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration & Awards Ceremony in order to meet fundraising goals as identified in the development strategy.
- Support corporate sponsorships for events and programs.
- Manage the organizational volunteer strategy including assessing volunteer needs, coordinating volunteers, sending the volunteer newsletter, communicating, and building positive relationships with a network of volunteers.
- Act as the lead liaison between the Conexión Next Young Professionals Network and Conexión Américas and support the network in reaching its goals, as aligned with Conexión Américas’ strategic plan.
- Serve as a representative for Conexión Américas to build and strengthen relationships and expand our supporter base.
- Support planning and coordination of messaging and activities/events to create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization and raise awareness of issues critical to our mission.
- Coordinate exhibitions at the Casa Azafrán art gallery.
- Work closely with Marketing, Communications, and other organizational programs to coordinate and implement communication activities and press strategy, to ensure they are aligned with organizational campaigns and messaging.
- Provide tours of Casa Azafrán.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at
Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to
new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, external relations, communications, or related field
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Enjoys working in fast-paced work environments
- High attention to detail
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Willing and able to provide hands-on logistical support during event planning.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and managing data
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and public speaking skills
- Ability to effectively build and nurture relationships with diverse individuals
- Capacity to be a “tough-minded optimist,” always acting to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude required
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, creativity, and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
- Fluent in Spanish, required
- Must pass a background check
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute, and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life. We focus on four areas of community impact: Social Integration (family engagement, youth development, and college access and success), Economic Integration (microentrepreneurship, financial education, English classes, digital literacy, and tax preparation), Civic Integration (advocacy and leadership development), and Community Development (arts and placemaking). For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at conexionamericas.org and check our
organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Ariel Safdie, Interim Director of Development and Strategic Growth, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
Please include the following email subject header: Application Development and Community Engagement Manager- FIRST NAME, LAST NAME
- Date Posted: December 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development