Crisis Response Counselor – Dyersburg, TN
**Ask about our $2,000 relocation assistance!**
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Specialized Crisis Services program serves children and adolescents under the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis- suicidal, homicidal, physical aggression, or psychosis. The program specializes in working with the client, family, and other systemic key participants to assess the risks versus the protective factors to keep the client and others safe. Specialized Crisis Services strives to use the least restrictive environment. The Youth Villages’ SCS Program uses a systematic treatment model where interventions are parent-focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups; training staff intensively in conducting assessment, crisis management, in-home treatment, and respite care.
- Provide mobile crisis response and thorough, strength-based assessment of children and families in crises in their natural environments.
- Utilize crisis respite homes when appropriate
- Provide ongoing treatment and intervention to maintain the families until appropriate services are secured
- Working non-traditional hours
- Having flexibility in your schedule
- Working well with others in a highly supervised atmosphere
- Documentation that is online/ web-based and available to you from home
- Collaborate with adult crisis teams and community consumers
- Counselors may serve within a 60+ mile radius of the office
- Counselors may be required to attend meetings on their days off
Schedules vary and will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process. Most crisis response assessment is completed in person but may occur virtually.
Youth Villages’ SCS teams are based out of the following cities: Memphis, Paris, Dyersburg, Jackson, Nashville, Columbia, Cookeville, Clarksville, Dickson, Chattanooga, Morristown, and Knoxville.
The schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based on the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes, and auto insurance.
Community-based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
- A social services master’s degree is required
- Licensure is preferred (LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT).
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Counselors must have their own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
- Acceptable driving record – Three or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement and licensure supervision
- Growth & development through continuous training
- Clinical and administrative advancement opportunities
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families, and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
How to Apply
Apply on our Career Page
- Date Posted: January 8, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $50000 - $58000 / year based on education and clinical license