Stand Up Nashville
Creative & Digital Organizer
Stand Up Nashville
As Creative & Digital Organizer, you’ll create videos, design graphics, and use digital media to educate, create powerful stories, shift narratives, and inspire people to take action.
The ideal candidate will have a keen sense for design, strong multimedia skills, a quick, compelling writer, and be strategically savvy. You will have a passion for combining visual beauty with digital organizing, be excited to explore new tools and technologies, plan for and hit deadlines for multiple programs, and be able to collaborate with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
This position is a full time, hourly position. You will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with organizers, campaigners, researchers, policy experts, and fundraising. This position is located in Nashville, with the flexibility to work remotely when not needed in the office.
Design & Graphics
- Draft and design issue explainer Instagram graphics, fact sheets, and popular-education slide decks.
- Lay out research reports and find ways to visualize data and explain complex systems.
- Own our branding guide.
Video & Photography
- Script and edit videos: TikTok-style direct-to-camera, issue explainers, profiles of member organizations and victories.
- Create motion graphics for videos (text overlays, charts, animation.
- Film and take photos at on-the-ground actions and events.
- Update and manage our photo and video library and track any usage restrictions.
- Work with the organizers and program leads, propose concepts for graphics and multimedia content that support campaign and organizational goals.
- Write video scripts, text for social media graphics, etc. that align with messaging and resonate with target audiences.
Social Media, Email & Web
- Be able to write compelling copy for a range of audiences with a quick turnaround.
- Increase email and social media reach and engagement.
- Create weekly emails and action alerts
- Manage content on our website: keep materials up-to-date, identify content opportunities, improve SEO and the site’s value for key audiences (reporters, allies, volunteers, funders, potential individual donors, etc.).
- Collaborate with artists, vendors, and contractors as needed.
- Train other staff and interns on content creation.
- Create and execute a weekly work plan.
- Participate in staff meetings, internal trainings, and other mandatory team sessions.
- Maintain personal organization systems and adhere to organizational policies.
- Complete reimbursements, credit card, and lobbying reports.
- Perform other duties as required to support the work of the organization as a whole.
Commitment to Justice
- Commitment to social, racial, and economic justice.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential, sensitive information.
- Skilled at working with people from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of comfort with technology.
Design, Multimedia Content Creation & Digital Organizing
- You care that materials are on brand, easy to read, and convey the right emotions.
- You have experience designing both print and digital with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, or their equivalents.
- You can shoot and edit videos.
- You can use photography to convey emotions and evoke a response.
- You can quickly and compellingly write for a variety of audiences and in different formats.
- You can create emails and actions with Action Network.
- You can help with earned media and campaign messaging.
- Strong organization, project management, and tracking skills. You keep projects moving, make sure things don’t slip through the cracks, meet deadlines, and manage your time efficiently.
- Comfortable working remotely with Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Asana, etc.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, as well as odd hours during rapid response moments periodically.
- Strong work ethic and personal commitment to excellence.
- Experience with labor unions, community organizing, policy advocacy, or political campaigning is a plus.
- 100% of health, dental, and vision premiums for employees and family members.
- 12 days per year of paid vacation time increasing with tenure up to 20 days.
- 12 paid sick leave days per year.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest, resume, and 3-5 samples of your design and video work to firstname.lastname@example.org. After first-round interviews, candidates will be asked to complete a skills exercise. Final-round candidates will be asked to provide a list of 3 references including at least one supervisor.
- Date Posted: January 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 02/13/2023
- Salary Range: Competitive wage starting at $24.04 per hour with increase based on experience
- Working Hours: M-F, 9:00am -5:00pm, with nights & weekends as needed