The Contributor, Inc.
Contributor Operations Manager
The Contributor, Inc.
The Contributor is seeking a passionate individual with superb people and organizational skills to be a collaborator with our Executive Director in leading the organization’s mission. Over the past 5 years, The Contributor has intentionally increased their services to those experiencing homelessness, empowering them to achieve income, dignity, housing and community. We meet individuals where they are, valuing their self-determination, and journey alongside them, connecting them to resources. We often serve those that don’t work with other agencies and, as a result, value our flexibility and agility in giving a hand up as our neighbors work their way out of homelessness. Persons seeking to apply for this position should not only possess those qualities, but also a drive to find solutions, curiosity to see things in a different way, motivations to do things in a new way, as well as an ability to look beyond the horizon at who we all might become together.
- Leadership:Works onsite to manage internal communications between staff, volunteers and vendors to ensure cohesive implementation of strategic plans and short-term goals. Demonstrates initiative, adaptability, and a proactive, solutions-oriented approach to opportunities and challenges.
- Fundraising/Development and Grant Management: Works closely with ED to plan and execute all fundraising and development activities, with emphasis on cultivating new donors, grants, and monthly recurring gifts including:
- Manage community giving campaigns, direct donor appeals and community awareness through direct mail, social media and email from creation to delivery.
- Develop relationships with current philanthropic donors while practicing excellent donor stewardship for long-term relationships.
- Solicit gifts and sponsorships through one-on-one meetings with donors or in conjunction with other staff or board members in-person, by phone or other means to explain the mission and needs of the organization.
- Coordinate with Board, ED, and program managers to host other marketing events, projects, and fundraisers: Festivals, Breakfast, Promotional items.
- Oversee mailing of thank you letters and acknowledgement letters.
- Maintain the grant calendar, alerting ED of upcoming deadlines.
- Write & submit all grants and reports and communicate with funders as needed.
- Coordinate with ED, Accountant and Program Director ensuring monthly financial grant compliance and to assure the organization’s finances are in good order.
- Coordinate with the ED, Vendor Program Director, Housing Director, and other department regarding funding needs.
- Conduct ongoing research of local, state, and national funding opportunities.
- Attend local networking events/training with funders, other grants/fundraising professionals, as requested.
- Assist Vendor Program Director and ED in developing robust data keeping methods and reporting on grant outcomes.
- Manages all grant opportunities and store all grant and report documents
- Partnership: Works with other nonprofits, metro and state governments, and other community groups as directed to collaborate on programs and projects that fit with The Contributor’s mission.
- Human Resource Management: Responsible for management of staff as needed to support the organization. The Operations Director will occasionally need to step in to fulfill responsibilities of staff, such as vendor trainings, volunteer trainings, educational programs, answer questions, or attend community events. Also will work with the leadership team to develop a professional onboarding and annual training schedule for staff as well as assist with the scheduling and preparing for staff retreats, maintaining and facilitating regular team meetings.
- Communication/Advocacy: Effectively conveys The Contributor’s vision to staff, board, volunteers, donors, and stakeholders. Assists ED in developing and implementing an advocacy/awareness/engagement campaign through multi-channel strategies.
- Culture: Creates a positive learning culture that encourages the introduction of new ideas, approaches and methods from staff and volunteers to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in grant writing with proven success.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Development and Marketing.
- Experience in writing, reporting, and managing government grants and/or communication effectively about them.
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships to meet business objectives.
- Ability to persuasively communicate clearly, professionally and informatively.
- Understand unique needs and relationships with donors and volunteer community, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks, and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and volunteers. Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, able to build morale and group commitment to goal, supports everyone’s efforts, willingness to negotiate and compromise
- Social awareness and emotional intelligence to navigate complex and sensitive topics.
- Experience and heart for working in non-profit spaces and a trauma-informed care setting.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities and solve problems as well as adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Technically adept and experienced with online tools and systems including funding databases, government and grant portals, CRMs, Microsoft and Google products, and Social media etc.
- 100% Individual Medical paid, Contributory dental and vision plans/ 401k.
- Paid Days Off
How to Apply
email resume and cover letter to Cathy@thecontributor.org
- Date Posted: April 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/01/2023
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week flexible