Gordon Jewish Community Center
Gordon Jewish Community Center
The Comptroller oversees the accounting and fiscal operations of the Gordon JCC. Under the direction of the Director of Finance, s/he will ensure the effective utilization of the agency’s human and financial resources in a manner that is consistent with the approved annual budget and/or business plans. This full-time exempt position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Develop, monitor and control GJCC budget and other budgets as required by funders
- Monitor and manage efficiency of business operations
- Monitor cash flow and security of all transactions; perform Cash flow projections and analysis on a regular basis
- Prepare fiscal reports in timely accurate manner
- Develop and provide ongoing supervision of the purchasing system for all agency purchases
- Maintain hands-on oversight of all administrative processes including data entry, deposits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger journal entries, month-end close-out and financial statements.
- Create, maintain, and monitor a system of policies and procedures that provide a system of checks and controls to prevent financial fraud.
- Provide financial data and assist with the creation of the annual budget.
- Perform financial analyses of GJCC programs as needed to determine growth and cost saving opportunities.
- Maintain all aspects of agency insurance and workers’ compensation policies and act as primary liaison for such policies.
- Serve as secondary contact with banks, insurance companies, payroll companies, and other contacts.
- Second liaison to audit firm; responsible for preparation and submission of all audit materials
- Support the programming and fundraising staffs by understanding their lines of business, competitive environment, and current capabilities, then leading the development of annual budgets and administration on monthly reviews including explanation of variances. Engage with line staff frequently to develop accurate forecasts.
- Oversee financial aspects of fundraising and special events.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current non-profit accounting standards and ensure compliance with current guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. Masters preferred
- Five years’ experience in fiscal capacity with knowledge of non-profit accounting methods
- Working knowledge of accounting, payroll, personnel and material management policies and procedures
- Experience in preparing financial statements
- Computer proficiency in accounting software
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations
Competitive salary and benefits including health insurance, paid time off, Center membership and discounts. The GOrdon JCC is an equal opportunity employer located in West Nashville.
How to Apply
Send Cover letter and resume to Anita Howards: Anita@nashvillejcc.org
- Date Posted: May 26, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 07/05/2023
- Salary Range: 75,000
- Working Hours: Weekdays occasional evenings