Family & Children's Service
Community School Coordinator
Family & Children's Service
The Community School Coordinator will work in conjunction with the school, staff, community partners, impact team, and the Office of Community Achieves(CA). The Community School Coordinator will oversee the operation of programs and services for students, families, and the community. The Community School Coordinator will work within the framework of Community Achieves to promote family engagement, college and career readiness, health and wellness, and social services and adult development. The Community School Coordinator will be located in a school within Metro Nashville Public Schools. Multiple positions are available in elementary and middle schools.
***Our Community School program is grant-funded, with the current grant funding ending on June 30, 2024. The funder is determining if funding will be possible in its 2024-25 budget. Until this determination is made, these positions can only be guaranteed until June 28, 2024. If additional funding is secured, Community Schools Program employees will be able to continue their employment. Employees under this program will be notified as soon as F&CS is made aware of the termination or continuation of grant funding.***
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating, connecting, and managing programs and resources for families and targeted students
- Recruiting and managing partner relationships, including holding regular partner meetings
- Soliciting donations and resources in order to meet the basic needs of students and families
- Providing or coordinating family training, e.g., training parents as advocates, to support learning at home, navigating the school system
- Working with the school & Community Achieves office to ensure programs and services are integrated and aligned with the mission and goals of the school
- Serving as the liaison between the Impact Team, the school administration, and the Community Achieves Office
- Facilitating, developing, and training the school-level Impact Team
- Facilitating the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan to incorporate results from the needs assessment, identify gaps in assets and needs, and communicate requests for community engagement to support the school’s needs
- Participating in an annual community school standards-based school review
- Collaborating closely with the Community Achieves office and communicating programming to school stakeholders in alignment with community school standards
- Managing data entry using the CA Organizer, entering data about the services provided and partnerships in the school on a monthly basis
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation are required.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field.
This position is benefits-eligible. We offer medical, vision, and dental coverage. Generous vacation time, sick leave, and parental leave. 401k and 401k matching.
How to Apply
Send resume to HRdept@fcsnashville.org
- Date Posted: January 20, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hour work week