The Greater Nashville Regional Council
Community Resource Specialist (Aging and Disability Services)
The Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking a full-time Community Resource Specialist to serve as a counselor in the Information and Assistance Program of its Department of Aging and Disability Services. The Department’s responsibilities include 1) planning and coordination of state/federal investments into programs and services aimed at improving quality of life for senior adults across the region, 2) coordinating services among a network of senior centers and providers, 3) providing counseling/ assessments to help Middle Tennesseans enroll in programs and services, and 4) monitoring the performance of grant-funded programs to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
GNRC is the regional council of governments for Nashville and surrounding counties and serves as one of nine regional economic development districts established by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1965. GNRC also serves as the region’s state/federally-designated Area Agency on Aging & Disability (AAAD), working in close partnership with the TN Commission on Aging and Disability (TCAD) and TennCare. More information is available at GNRC.org and TN.gov/Aging.
GNRC’s Information and Assistance (I&A) Program serves as an initial point of entry for older adults and their caregivers who are interested in learning more about eligibility for long-term care services or other programs that can help maintain quality of life for aging adults. The primary responsibilities of the Community Resource Specialist include:
- Help inform older adults or caretaker about programs and services available to assist with long-term care, transportation, nutrition, or other needs,
- Conduct telephone screenings and follow-up calls to assess consumer’s needs and eligibility for available in-home or community-based programs and services,
- Provide information counseling and referrals by telephone to help consumers navigate to the appropriate service or program,
- Keep informed on aging and disability related issues and gather information about available resources and local service providers,
- Act as client advocate by assuring clients are linked to the appropriate services and by monitoring complaints,
- Document consumer information collected from interactions and counseling sessions within the appropriate systems,
- Perform research and prepare reports as requested, and
- Other duties as assigned by the I&A Program Manager or the Director of Aging and Disability Services.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with two years of relevant experience. Other requirements include excellent communication skills with experience conducting phone interviews or counseling, proficiency with MS Office, and the ability to work both independently and within a team setting. Bilingual language skills is a plus. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Required Technology Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat is required.
Remote Work Flexibility: This is not a remote position. The selected candidate will expected to work onsite on core business days. Work from home flexibility is provided when possible at the discretion of the Manager.
Compensation: The starting salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications. GNRC offers a fully paid pension through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System and provides an optional 401k with dollar for dollar match of up to 3% of gross salary. Inquire for more information about benefits.
How to Apply
If Interested, Please apply at www.gnrc.org/jobs
Position open until filled.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: March 29, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Program Management
- Service Area: Community Development