Kid's Place - A Child Advocacy Center
Community Awareness Specialist
Kid's Place - A Child Advocacy Center
Kid’s Place – A Child Advocacy Center
Kid’s Place is the Child Advocacy Center serving the 22nd Judicial District including Giles, Lawrence, Maury, and Wayne Counties in Tennessee. The mission of Kid’s Place is to provide hope, help, and healing to sexually and physically abused children and youth through a multidisciplinary approach.
The Community Awareness Specialist will work in coordination with public school systems, various community agencies, and the Child Protective Investigative Team (CPIT) to provide education, professional training, and outreach within the four counties in the service area. The Community Awareness Specialist will provide safety training to children and adults; attend community awareness events; spread awareness about Kid’s Place and the impact we have on the community.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
Duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Maintain strict standards of confidentiality, professional ethics, and boundaries
- Seeks, establishes, and maintains positive working relationships with public and private schools, daycares, hospitals, community agencies and groups, and multidisciplinary teams/agencies.
- Use nationally recognized programs to deliver education and awareness to the community in the areas of:
- body safety and awareness
- child abuse reporting
- symptoms of child abuse
- professional training
- Ensure that pre- and post-test data is stored and entered in database in a timely manner
- Collaborate with agency partners to provide professional development needs/opportunities
- Attend community events to raise awareness about Kid’s Place
- Planning and organizing awareness efforts during April, Child Abuse Awareness Month
- Assist with annual fundraising events
- Remains current with professional literature on child abuse issues
- Other duties as specified by the Executive Director.
Education and experience:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field is preferred. Three years of professional experience working directly with children is preferred. Previous experience in law enforcement, social work, mental health, and/ or experience as a trainer/educator is preferred. Specialized and on-going training will be provided.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities:
Knowledge, skill, and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work as team player with Kid’s Place staff members
- Ability to work in a professional manner with members of other community and partner agencies
- Knowledge of the dynamics of child abuse and/or neglect
- Knowledge of the stages of child development
- Knowledge of community agencies, organizations, and groups
- Ability to organize a variety of tasks with great attention to detail
- Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must have proficient computer skills and ability to maintain documentation
- Sensitivity to cultural responsiveness
Other requirements for employment:
Persons in this position must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and must pass an extensive criminal background check.
Full-time employees are awarded two weeks of annual leave within the first year of employment
Paid Holidays, sick time, and self-care
Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits are available to all full-time employees
Diversity/EEO Statement: Place Child Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The person in this position will be required to work flexible hours based on the needs of Kid’s Place. The schedule will be set by the Executive Director, and will reflect a minimum of a 37.5-hour work week. Travel between Kid’s Place locations, and in the community is expected.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should email Cover Letter and Résumé to:
Charlsi Legendre, Executive Director
Subject line: Community Awareness Specialist
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: October 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 12/01/2022
- Salary Range: 32,000 - 35,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F