- This position reports directly to the Communications Manager
- Works collaboratively with counterparts in strategic business units (SBUs) within the larger Centerstone enterprise to ensure cohesive internal and external messaging.
The Communications Coordinator is a writing-heavy role that helps develop and execute internal and external communications for Centerstone and its Strategic Business Units (SBUs) under a shared services marketing and communications department. The Communications Coordinator writes content for a variety of channels including internal newsletters, the company intranet, website, social media and other various channels. The Communications Coordinator also helps coordinate media pitches and press releases, as well as media interviews and media metrics (compiling and sharing with stakeholders). The Communications Coordinator works collaboratively with marketing and communications staff to ensure that Centerstone’s communications promote a positive, high-quality image of the enterprise and are consistent with the organization’s brand and editorial standards.
A passion for storytelling, attention to detail, superb organization, and a strong editorial eye are essential for this position.
This is a remote, work-from-home role. This role will, on occasion, require in-person meetings, team building activities, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a consistent communications approach across multichannel media
- Manage One Centerstone, Centerstone’s internal staff newsletter
- Provide inspiration for content and campaigns, and lend a critical eye to all communications content
- Write articles, blog posts, and social media content for both internal and external audiences
- Assist with media relations efforts, such as writing press releases, media pitching, interviews, etc.
- Monitor and measure media metrics using Meltwater reporting software
- Understanding of patient privacy and data security requirements (i.e., HIPAA)
Key Performance Indicators – to be developed annually
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communication, English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- 1-5 years of experience in Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop/maintain strong working relationships with staff, teammates, colleagues, and members of the news media
- Knowledge of AP (Associated Press) Style
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Media relations experience is a plus
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 02/20/2023
- Salary Range: 37,000.00+
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm