Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came together to establish the “Rap House,” a simple community center for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years later, the “Rap House” has evolved into Oasis Center, where nearly 4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based on the foundation of four areas for youth success: Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity. All of our work is also firmly rooted in the evidence-based principles of Positive Youth Development and Trauma-Informed Care.
Right now, our agency is growing – so if you have talent and skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make a career in making a difference, please consider joining our incredible Oasis Center team.
Vision: to live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
- Counsel a minimum of 100 students and families for 5 hours or more on goals and college choice options.
- Ensure students are exposed to a variety of college options through online exploration, and on occasion, group college visits.
- Provide admissions application assistance including: application reviews, transcript submission, essay assistance, recommendations.
- Assist students and families with filing FAFSA’s and verification (as necessary) for all students.
- Advocate and communicate for students with postsecondary institutions.
- Maintain data weekly on student matriculation, enrollment, and retention.
- Support Gear Up Coordinators at High School locations.
- Lead college related presentations and workshops at feeder middle schools.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating ACT prep classes.
- Support community-based efforts occurring at satellite positions.
- Hold weekly office hours at YOC and help provide drop-in center coverage.
- Support Oasis Resource Center Staff onsite at Nashville State Community College locations.
- Experience in counseling, admissions, and/or financial aid a plus
- Knowledge of college choice options, admissions, financial aid, scholarships
- Understanding of racial and gender inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to effectively collect, organize, and retrieve data.
- Knowledge of higher education and barriers to higher education for low-income and first-generation college bound students.
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth – specifically including First-Generation, New American, and LGBTQ+ youth
- Bachelor’s Degree
Health Insurance & HSA
Free employee dental & vision
401K + up to 3% match
Paid Parental Leave
12 Paid Holiday’s
Free LTD & Life Insurance Policy
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Lee Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, ability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Date Posted: February 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37K-40K