Sexual Assault Center
Clinical Therapist – CAC
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: Provide direct support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, and information, and to help overcome the impact of sexual assault on their lives. The employee will provide services exclusively to clients of the Montgomery County Child Advocacy Center.
Reports to: Clinical Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time, salaried position ($50,000 annually). Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Provide quality and effective therapy, both individual and group, to children and adolescents impacted by sexual violence.
- Maintain a full caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Work collaboratively with Montgomery County Child Advocacy Center to maximize positive outcomes for clients.
- Maintain appropriate client files and documentation.
- Support peers by actively participating in weekly staffing and team meetings.
- Actively participate in individual clinical supervision.
- Engage in outreach and community-based activities as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling, and working towards licensure.
- Experience with trauma-informed care is required.
- Active TN Health Related Board independent clinical license.
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-graduate clinical experience providing services to children and adolescents.
- Experience with the sexual assault survivor population.
- Experience and comfort with providing support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware, and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, in providing therapy to adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record-keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
SAC offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, EAP, supplemental AFLAC offerings, PTO, and professional development.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: October 26, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $50,000 annually
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk