Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Clinical Services Director
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Clinical Services Director. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
- Develops and implements comprehensive programs within the department.
- Develops, updates, and maintains all policies and procedures pertaining to the delivery of clinical, counseling, and social work services, working closely with the Community-Based Services Director.
- Recommends staffing requirements and ensures that qualified personnel are hired and a balanced workload is maintained.
- Hires, trains, and conducts performance appraisals of staff under direct supervision according to agency guidelines and established personnel policies, and reviews performance appraisals of all subordinate departmental staff conducted by their supervisor.
- Supervises, coordinates, and monitors the activities of program staff, ensuring that all department requirements are met in accordance with appropriate program guidelines, agency policies, and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develops and regularly reviews the operating budget of the department, and assists in preparation of following year’s budget.
- Prepares written reports as required by all service contracts and ensures that such contracts are executed in accordance with the policies and procedures mandated by the funding source(s).
- Authorizes check requests, manages revenue and expenses to ensure program viability, and ensures expenditures are appropriate for each grant program.
- Reviews and approves invoices submitted to funding sources.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship between the agency and other nonprofit, public sector service providers, and educational agencies
- Monitors changing community needs and integrates that knowledge into program development.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and recommends changes.
- Ensures that all departmental records, reports, and documentation are maintained.
- Analyzes and reports on program activities on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Serves as a member of the senior management team, collaborating closely to ensure cohesive, efficacious support services, informed by the moral and social justice values of the Catholic Church.
- Represents Executive Director at various internal and external meetings to represent the agency, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree and 3 years of management/supervisory experience in a related field OR
- Licensure as master’s level social worker in the state of Tennessee.
- Knowledge/experience in the field of mental health and social welfare services.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville and surrounding counties.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially for supervision and to convey knowledge
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Exercises good judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
- Shows initiative and works well independently with minimal supervision
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients
- Ability to prepare reports, develop grant proposals, and work within established budgets.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403 B plan with company match
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1447644/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Clinical-Services-Director.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk