Client Services Coordinator
The Client Services Coordinator provides exceptional service to low-income Davidson County residents and connects people in need to additional community resources. This staff member will model a calm and supportive demeanor in a fast-paced environment and will maintain a culture of compassion around clients, staff, and volunteers.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Provide one-on-one resource counseling and crisis management for clients with acute needs.
Respond to urgent needs in a timely manner and ensure that clients know the status of their applications.
Request account updates from landlords and utility companies, and notify creditors of pending payments.
Provide high-quality services to clients referred by other agencies, and assist clients in coordinating services from multiple providers.
Assist with managing office needs, including making copies, supplying client applications, and restocking waiting room brochures, etc.
Social work or related education from a four-year college is required. For those without a social work education, a cover letter must clearly state how education and experiences have prepared them to understand the challenges of poverty.
ACE or Trauma-Informed Care certification is preferred.
Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an office, including at least one year in a social services setting or as a social services intern.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to quickly learn to navigate, input, and export data from Charity Tracker and Formstack.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to operate and troubleshoot basic computer and office equipment, including PC’s, internet equipment, printers and fax machines.
Compassion and empathy for all people, especially our city’s low-income families, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Ability to respectfully, calmly and maturely interact with people who may be angry, difficult, upset, experiencing mental health episodes, or disabled.
Understanding of the unique challenges that face low-income communities and passion for addressing issues related to poverty, housing, and hunger.
Knowledge of Nashville and Nashville’s housing and/or social service sectors helpful.
Ability to make challenging prioritization decisions
Self-motivation in contributing to team efforts.
Excellent customer service and communication skills that are apparent in writing, emails, phone conversations, one-on-one and group interactions.
- This is a part-time, in-office/remote hybrid employment opportunity (approximately 15 hours per week). The Client Services Coordinator will be expected to be in the office from 10AM-2PM on Monday and Tuesday. For remaining hours, the Client Services Coordinator will have to option to work in the office or remotely.
- For this part-time position, after 6 months’ employment, NeedLink offers a total of 5 days PTO (paid time off for sickness or vacation) during the first year of employment.
- 7 Holidays are observed in addition to a paid year-end Holiday break.
- NeedLink values and supports the professional development of our staff.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to
Lee Anne Wills, CEO, email@example.com. Please do not contact by phone.
Applications are ongoing until the position is filled by a highly qualified candidate.
Lee Anne Wills
P.O. Box 91107
Nashville, TN 37209
Westminster Presbyterian Church
3900 West End Avenue
North Wilson Boulevard entry @ the Wilson Entrance/NeedLink Nashville Sign
- Date Posted: April 27, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 05/28/2023
- Working Hours: Primarily Mondays and Tuesdays Partial Remote Partial in-office 15 hours per week (remote 15 hours per week