St. Luke's Community House
Child Development Assistant Director, Program and Curriculum
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Assistant Director of the Child Development Center to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of children and their families. The position of Child Development Assistant Director, Program and Curriculum, is a full-time role and works under the direction of the Child Development Director.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core values of St. Luke’s Community House. We believe that the work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates an inclusive perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and equity are particularly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates daily with the Director regarding staffing and teacher assignments.
- Assists Director in implementing the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Human Services.
- Assists Director in conducting classroom observations.
- Assists Director with implementing the rules and regulations of the organization.
- Assists Director in performance evaluations and other HR related functions.
- Assists the Director in planning staff meetings and in-service trainings.
Assists with and attends scheduled trainings and meetings.
- Opens and closes center as needed.
- Oversees the childcare center in the Director’s absence.
- Assists Director in maintaining best practices outlined by United Way’s Read to Succeed program, including the use of the Conscious Discipline approach to classroom behavior management.
- Supports Infant and Toddler classrooms with curriculum and lesson planning.
- Responsible for implementation of FrogStreet and Brigance Assessment in Infant/Toddler classrooms.
- Performs classroom observations with Director.
- Assists the Director in coordinating parent-teacher conferences, open houses, kindergarten graduation, picture days, and other special events.
- Assists as needed with regular parent communications.
- Performs as a classroom floater and covers lunch breaks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Child Development Associate Degree required.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to consistent change.
- Possess excellent time management skills, be a team player, be well organized, have the ability to prioritize numerous responsibilities for timely task completion, be self-directed, be highly motivated, be energetic, be enthusiastic and be dependable.
- Possess a “take charge” personality with the ability to get along with varied clientele and staff.
- Ability to seek out new ways of doing things.
- Experience working in a licensed, quality childcare facility, accredited preferred.
- Administrative and/or business experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Adaptability to changing demands, deadlines, and priorities.
- A desire to serve St. Luke’s clients, meeting their needs and St. Luke’s mission.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience entering data in, and reporting from, software applications preferred.
We offer very competitive benefits
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Employees are also eligible for discounted onsite childcare
- Paid Training
- Potential for annual merit pay raise
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include salary expectations.
If preferred, you may mail/fax your resume to:
St. Luke’s Community House, 5601 New York Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
Attn: Human Resource
Fax (615) 350-7895
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: March 31, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth