Urban Housing Solutions, Inc.
Chief Operations Officer
Urban Housing Solutions, Inc.
Urban Housing Solutions is Nashville, Tennessee’s largest nonprofit affordable housing provider.
UHS is hiring for an experienced and capable Chief Operations Officer to serve as second in command to the Chief Executive Officer and lead the Residential Services, Facilities, Compliance, and Property Management teams, comprising over three-quarters of the organization.
This is a great opportunity for someone with significant experience in affordable housing management.
More information about the organization and position is in the job brochure: bit.ly/UHS-COO-job
Essential Responsibilities Include:
People leadership and management
- Provide leadership, guidance, and supervision to the Resident Services, Compliance, Facilities, and Property Management teams, relaying pertinent information to leadership.
- Oversee the annual budget development process for all UHS properties and the Resident Services team.
- Establish budgets and management practices for new real estate developments, and monitor annual property budget performance for variances.
- Hold monthly financial performance reviews with the Finance team.
- Monitor market conditions and set rent levels.
Board and strategic plan engagement
- Track monthly performance measures against the strategic plan, and report key findings to leadership and the Board.
- Present progress updates on strategic goals and objectives at quarterly Board meetings.
- Develop company goals in alignment with strategic objectives annually with leadership and the Board.
- Serve as staff leadership liaison to the Operations & Resident Services Committee, engaging with the UHS board member chairing that committee.
- Serve as a primary ambassador and public face for the company – attending networking events, sitting on trade organization committees, presenting at conferences, etc.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing to ensure that Urban Housing Solutions is an employer of choice.
- Extensive experience in affordable housing management and community development, including significant property management experience in public/nonprofit housing.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans and supervising multiple staff.
- Experience developing policies and procedures for residential property management and residential services.
- Working knowledge of budgeting, human resources management, and project development.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. General computer literacy for daily email, word processing, data entry, spreadsheet use, graphics, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, management, urban planning and development, or a related field preferred. Comparable experience will be considered.
Again, you can find more information in the job brochure: bit.ly/UHS-COO-job
How to Apply
To apply: bit.ly/UHS-COO-apply
- Date Posted: January 23, 2024
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 04/01/2024
- Salary Range: $130,000-$150,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk