Urban Housing Solutions
Chief Operations Officer
Urban Housing Solutions
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Operations Officer oversees and directs all business operations and people in the residential services, facilities, compliance and property management teams of Urban Housing Solutions. As a central part of organizational leadership, this position must build trust with community and business partners and ensure legal and ethical guidelines are followed while remaining focused on business performance and continuity. UHS emphasizes a team approach to perform job responsibilities that are consistent with fulfilling our mission, values, and vision.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to the Resident Services, Compliance, Maintenance and Property Management teams — comprising over three-quarters of the organization — relaying pertinent information to leadership.
- Oversee the annual budget development process for all UHS properties and Resident Services team and monitor annual property budget performance communicating variances as applicable.
- Analyze monthly performance measures set forth by the strategic initiative plan and report key findings to leadership and the Board.
- Attend and present at quarterly Board meetings to provide updates and progress on strategic goals and objectives.
- Prepare company goals and align to strategic objectives annually with leadership and the Board.
- Establish budgets and management practices for new real estate developments to ensure a smooth transition from development to operations while also ensuring all lease-up schedules are met.
- Participate in monthly company financial performance reviews with Finance department.
- Monitor market conditions and oversee rent increases.
- Continually enhance industry knowledge and expertise through property management publications, trainings, networking events, trade group association membership and webinars.
- Promote communication and collaboration between departments to ensure positive company culture.
- Act as main point of contact for community partners.
- Serve as a primary ambassador and public face for the company: –attending networking events; sitting on trade organization committees; presenting at conferences; etc.
- Ensure that agency policies and legal and ethical guidelines are communicated throughout the agency and that they are always followed.
- Participate in the recruitment, interview, selection, and evaluation process to ensure that Urban Housing Solutions is an employer of choice.
- Comply with all UHS policies and procedures as defined in the UHS Operations Manual and staff meetings as directed.
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Interact professionally and communicate effectively with colleagues and residents.
- Thrive in highly collaborative and mission-driven culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position directly supervises employees.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum age 18 years old. Bachelor’s degree in business, Management, Urban Planning and Development or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum ten (10) years of work experience in a business environment. Minimum five (5) years of experience in affordable housing management, community development with a minimum of four (4) years of significant project management in public/non-profit housing. Extensive experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans and supervising multiple staff. Working knowledge of budgeting, personnel management, and property management.
Computer Skills / Technical Knowledge: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages. Ability to understand and identify statistical trend analysis. Ability to identify numerical trends and variances for financial analysis.
Language Skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, safety data sheets (SDS) or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write reports, business correspondence and policy. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the public, and diverse groups of people, particularly difficult/resistant patient populations and multiple types of providers in a variety of settings.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
Other Qualifications: Exhibited consistently strong leadership skills and decision-making ability. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, especially in high pressure situations required. General knowledge of computer applications for the frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload, and timely meet deadlines. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk for extended periods of time; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, customer service-oriented environment, perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner. The employee must work as part of a team, complete assignments independently and take instructions from supervisors. Must desire to work with underserved populations, particularly vulnerable and/or formerly homeless populations and be willing to meet with residents where they are most comfortable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment where routine equipment is used; some equipment has moving mechanical parts. May be exposed to hot and cold temperatures.
Noise level varies from an indoor environment to outdoors.
Must possess reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record in accordance with UHS Fleet policy.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please.
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: $140,000.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm