Safe Haven Family Shelter
Case Manager, Spanish- Speaking
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Work with families experiencing homelessness to ensure available community resources are provided for families, with a particular focus on Spanish-speaking clients. Support families in crisis and conduct analysis of the family’s needs to coordinate activities and resources to ensure a successful transition to permanent housing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide holistic and comprehensive case management services, in Spanish as needed, to all clients including intake assessments, benefit assessments, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, advocacy, and referrals.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to provide case management services, and interact with clients according to a trauma-informed care framework.
- Within the agency, provide interpretation when necessary for Spanish-speaking clients
- Translate Safe Haven program materials into Spanish as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with agencies/community partners that support Spanish-speaking and undocumented families.
- Connect families with needed and available community resources. Follow-up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document the use/success of the referral.
- Explore pathways to resources for families without documentation. Support clients in their needs surrounding documentation status.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency HMIS and Salesforce database.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, progress notes, and evaluations.
- Work independently with a strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non-judgmental personal qualities, and a clear sense of boundaries.
- Maintain a strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communicate in ways that are culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Transport clients to and from resources and/or activities, as needed, utilizing a company-provided vehicle.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, and supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships.
- Represent Safe Haven in local and national conferences and meetings to gather and share knowledge and best practices around family homelessness.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures, and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high-risk populations in crisis, including an understanding of working in a Trauma Informed Care Environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish a positive rapport with clients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting. Must be able to sit/stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to community service providers, housing and property, and to families in need.
- Ability to drive agency vehicles, including a 15-passenger van.
- 100% Employer-paid health and dental for individuals ($6,000 value for an employee enrolled in an individual plan)
- Additional discounted family coverage is available as well (Up to $11,500 value for an employee enrolled in a family plan)
- 18 PTO Days plus 8 sabbatical days annually
- 16 Paid Holidays annually
- 8 Sabbatical Days annually
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401K Plan (with 5% employer match)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
- Up to $1,500 reimbursement annually for LMSW licensure supervision, if applicable
- Salary Range: $42,000-$46,000 Annually
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://safe-haven-family-shelter.prismhr-hire.com/,choose the position you are applying for, and click “Apply for this position.” Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position’s key requirements: skill in working with families in crisis, knowledge of counseling/social-work best practices, excellent documentation skills, and strong teamwork orientation.
No phone calls, please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: October 19, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $42,000-$46,000