Catholic Charities of TN
Case Manager, Family Resource Center
Catholic Charities of TN
The Case Manager works at the South Nashville Family Resource Center and establishes a professional and supportive “first contact” for people entering the Center, conducts initial screenings for services, and provides case management support to clients.
- Answers phones and directs all calls appropriately, including providing resource referrals to other agencies/services.
- Greets clients and others upon arrival and provides general information on programs.
- Ensures the waiting area is clean and welcoming.
- Provides case management, emergency assistance, and food boxes for individuals and families experiencing basic needs challenges and food insecurity.
- Distributes material and financial assistance to individuals and families in accordance with program guidelines, and verifies ID, income, and expense documentation.
- Ensures the effective maintenance, tracking, and reporting of files and data as required by program contracts and agency guidelines.
- Conducts personalized assessments to uncover client needs and expertly connect them to relevant partners and community resources offering additional services and benefits.
- Maintains diaper closet and assists in the replenishment order of diapers.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Food Pantry, including cleanliness, ordering & re-stocking of food, inventory records, and food delivery truck.
- Conducts crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides general/routine administrative and office support.
- Focuses on completing work effectively, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Attends community events and provides outreach to the Hispanic community.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in working with people experiencing poverty.
- Prior experience working with the Hispanic community is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, required.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convey non-judgmental and open personal qualities with a clear sense of boundaries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and stock shelves.
- Flexibility with work schedule and responding to team and client needs.
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ten (10) vacation days
- Twelve (12) personal days
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2039005/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Case-Manager-Family-Resource-Center
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: October 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.