Organization Type – Non Profit
The role of the Case Manager is to provide linkage, case management and psychosocial support to participants (interns/associates) working in our job training program and residents in our affordable housing programs. The Case Manager will assist program participants with crisis situations; housing; financial empowerment, education, life skills, medical, dental and mental health services and other needed services to prepare youth to transition to a permanent job/housing/life.
Crossroads Campus is a 501 C-3. We believe in the healing power of the human – animal bond with a passion for creating and fostering caring connections between people and pets. Our program consists of three components; Job Training, Affordable Housing and Support Services.
We operate as a social enterprise which provides job training through our pet retail shop, with grooming and self- wash as well as an animal care and pet adoption program. We also provide affordable housing for 26 young adults through our residential program. All program participants receive intensive support services which include Case Management and Workforce Development.
We are seeking an experienced case manager to work with our program participants, ages 16-24. Many have histories of homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and have been impacted in some way by significant trauma. The Case Manager will be responsible for providing case management for participants in both the job training and residential programs. We expect a typical case load to be 10-12 individuals. The Case Manager will assist individuals with a wide range of services focused on removing barriers in order to help gain independence. The Case Manager will help participants set attainable, self-identified goals as well as goals related to transitioning to independent living. Specific responsibilities include assisting interns with the following: 1) Accessing healthcare 2) Accessing transportation 3) Budgeting and Financial Management 4) Obtaining necessary vital documentation such as birth certificates, social security cards, driver’s licenses, etc. 5) Making mental health referrals as necessary 6) Providing emotional support 7) Running group sessions to process issues at home and work. 8) Training 9) Meeting personal goals, as appropriate 10) Providing transportation as needed.
The Case Manager will meet individually with the participants on their caseload at an assigned frequency based on level of need. The Case Manager will work closely with our partner agencies such as Oasis, Monroe Harding, Metro Action Commission, etc. to provide continuity of care for the young adults. The Case Manager will complete the DLA 20, Daily Living Assessment, with each participant to determine their current strengths and individual needs. This information will be used to develop their individualized program plan which will entail focus areas from the DLA as well as self-identified goals. The Case Manager must complete timely case note documentation and will be responsible for the upkeep of intern/ resident files and database entries.
– Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in social work, psychology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the field of young adult services and/or case management.
– Driver’s license, clean DMV record, and automobile liability insurance required
– Must pass background check
– Must focus on a strengths-based approach. DLA20 Experience is a plus.
– Must have an understanding and commitment to the principles of Trauma Informed Care
– Effective case management often involves juggling multiple clients, tasks, and deadlines. Strong organizational skills are essential.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for effective client interactions, documentation, and collaboration with colleagues and other professionals.
– Case managers should have a genuine concern for the well-being of their clients and the ability to build rapport and establish trust.
– Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities are crucial for assessing client needs, identifying solutions, and coordinating services.
– An understanding and appreciation of diverse cultural backgrounds and the ability to work with clients from various ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
– Familiarity with community resources, social services, and programs available to clients is important for connecting them to the appropriate services.
– Adherence to ethical guidelines and professional standards is crucial in maintaining client confidentiality, respecting boundaries, and providing ethical care.
– Proficiency in using computer software for documentation, record-keeping, and communication is often required.
– The ability to work effectively in a team, collaborating with colleagues, supervisors, and other professionals involved in client care.
– Case managers often work with clients facing complex challenges. Patience and adaptability are important qualities when dealing with unexpected situations.
– Willingness to engage in ongoing professional development to stay current with best practices and emerging trends in the field.
Position requires a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the client population. Some weekends and evening work required. Some emergency calls may occur.
Crossroads offers a competitive salary, health insurance and benefits package.
Health insurance, PTO, 401(k), employee discount
How to Apply
Use this Indeed link to apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/case-manager-3cce1c07b756d047
- Date Posted: September 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/09/2023
- Salary Range: $42,000 to $48,000