Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Case Manager, Basic Needs works at the C.E. McGruder/North Nashville Family Resource Center and connects individuals and families with needed and available community resources. This person takes inquiries and referrals from the Intake Specialist, co-locating, and community partners and provides case management, emergency assistance, and food boxes for individuals and families experiencing basic-needs challenges and food insecurity. The position manages the daily operations of the food pantry and collaborates with partners to coordinate family resource events. This is a full-time position. Normal business hours are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, but some flexibility beyond these hours is required.
- Distributes material and financial assistance to individuals and families in accordance with program guidelines: verifies ID, income, and expense documentation.
- Ensures the effective maintenance, tracking, and reporting of files and data as required by program contracts.
- Conducts personalized assessments to uncover client needs and expertly connect them to relevant co-locating partners and community resources offering additional services and benefits.
- Will have a caseload of long-term case management clients.
- Client data tracking will be required for Catholic Charities and other partner/funder databases as needed.
- Develop relationships with co-locating partners and community service providers to understand the current referral resources that are readily available to North Nashville individuals and families.
- Builds and maintains relationships with partner agencies and performs outreach for more resources and connections in the community.
- Works with the Program Manager, Co-locating Partners, and Community Service Providers to organize and coordinate community-focused events that support engagement and resource allocation.
- Maintains diaper closet and assists in the replenishment order of diapers.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Food Pantry, including cleanliness, ordering & re-stocking of food, inventory records, and food delivery truck.
- Maintain accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two years’ work experience in a related field. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to interpret the Agency to the community in a positive manner.
- Ability to plan and organize work, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Conducts self in a professional manner in areas of dress, language, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to manage confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and stock shelves.
- Willingness to assist with emergent needs when requested.
- Flexibility with work schedule and responding to team and client needs.
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals and objectives; supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems including Salesforce and Charity Tracker.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1880309/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Case-Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal-opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: August 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.