Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is a growing non-profit organization seeking a fulltime Case Assistant. Primary job duties include providing language interpretation for program staff and clients in a variety of settings related to core resettlement and employment services. This position provides assistance to New Americans Program case managers and employment specialists in carrying out direct services for clients, including transportation to appointments and making in-home visits.
This position is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center, 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
- Provides interpretation services between staff and clients to facilitate service delivery.
- Translates program documents and client-facing materials, as needed.
- Acts as a designated interpreter for monthly Job Readiness and Financial Literacy classes.
- Provides interpretation services during client events and gatherings hosted by the department.
- Transports clients to appointments and meetings as needed, ensuring that proper safety equipment is utilized for all children.
- Documents all services to ensure client files are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Notifies case manager of all client concerns and needs.
- Reviews program guidelines and updates and participates in training to ensure that services meet funder expectations and requirements.
- Conforms and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Assists in setting up client apartments and securing basic provisions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards and other privacy laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or New Americans Program Director.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
- Proficiency in Russian preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working across cultures preferred.
- Ability to interact with medical professionals, government officials and external organizations.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an inclusive environment.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, equipment systems, and networks including proficiency in, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and other related hardware and software products.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Capable of accepting responsibilities, prioritizing work, and working under pressure.
- Demonstrate flexibility with and adapt to program changes.
- Shows initiative and works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Courteous and tactful when dealing with the public.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality concerning clients and fellow employees.
- Must have reliable vehicle (and current registration and insurance) to use for agency business, as needed, with mileage reimbursement.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- 403B plan with company match.
- Pension plan paid by the agency.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1642534/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Case-Assistant
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: April 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.