Kid S.M.A.R.T. (Support for Medication, Assessment, Research, and Therapy) is a newly launched nonprofit organization associated with Nashville Neuropsychology & Familiy Services. Our goal is to support youth and families experiencing issues with access to high-quality mental health services resulting from economic hardship and/or systemic racial disparities. Kid S.M.A.R.T.’s mission is to raise funds through community partnerships to provide scholarships to those in need of neuropsychological evaluations but are unable to afford services. We believe that providing appropriate diagnoses and individually tailored recommendations as early as possible is the best way to ensure a brighter future for the next generation.
Board members responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Kid S.M.A.R.T. in its effective organizational planning.
- Help provide Kid S.M.A.R.T. with sufficient resources to be effective.
- Ensure the organization fulfills its legal obligations.
- Provide proper financial oversight and donations.
- Evaluate the Executive Director and other paid staff.
- Attend Board of Directors meeitngs.
- Assist in driving forward the strategic vision of our organizaiton.
- Assist in fundraising activities.
- Assist in grant writing activities.
- A two year committment to our organization
- Familiarity with a nonprofit organization or willing to learn and support ours.
- Experience in one of the following fields desired: Healthcare, Law, Contracts, Foundations
- Directly improve the lives of people with barriers to the neuropsychology services they require.
- Meet new contacts who are passionate about the Foundation’s mission.
- Gain new board service experience.
- Become a resource for families in the community impacted by this need.
How to Apply
To learn more about Board membership contact Dr. Jackie Klaver at email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 29, 2022
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Board Leadership