Catholic Charities of TN
Bilingual Case Manager – Congolese
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has several openings for the position of a Bilingual (Congolese) Case Manager for the New Americans Program department. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
- Provide direct services to refugees, asylees, and entrants for them to achieve self-sufficiency.
- May meet clients at airport arrival.
- Assist clients while applying for services and benefits.
- Complete family and individual needs assessments and service plans.
- Assist familiarizing clients with the American culture and laws.
- Provide transportation to appointments.
- Maintain accurate client records and documentation in Salesforce.
- Participate in regular team meetings and planning sessions with the team.
- Assist other team members on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred or four years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Bilingual in Kinyarwanda or Swahili required.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills including emotional intelligence, reliability, positivity, negotiation, empathy, and openness to feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to go up and down steps, load and unload car seats, and lift to 20 lbs.
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; ability to learn databases.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1443635/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Bilingual-Congolese-Case-Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required
- Date Posted: April 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.