Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System
Behavioral Health Liaison
Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System
Volunteer Behavioral Health is now hiring for a Behavioral Health Liaison in Cookeville, TN to provide crisis assessment, case management services, counseling, linkage and other services to persons in a mental health crisis.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH LIAISON
- Provide crisis assessment, counseling, linkage and other services to persons in a mental health crisis to include alcohol and/or drug abuse problems
- Knowledge of computer skills to be able to search and enter data in the Electronic Record system.
- Respond to clients presenting to a Walk in Center, hospital setting or ER, complete evaluations and data entry in an efficient manner to meet standards when possible.
- Complete all data entry according to quality management standards and procedures.
- Provide follow up phone calls when not completing F2F assessments or participating in Case Management duties to make sure follow-up instructions are understood or referrals were accepted.
- Participate in staff meetings, training and supervisory sessions as required.
CIS I with required years of experience and approval from the supervisor will provide Clinical Review to staff requiring review and other staff as needed.
- CIS I will staff each case with a master’s level CIS II or III or the Crisis Services Director prior to disposition until determined or its not needed.
- Provide customer service by greeting and orienting clients to open access/crisis services.
- Receive clients being dropped by law enforcement to ensure positive interaction with officers.
- Provide services daily to the Crisis Stabilization Unit.
- Work clients as they are admitted into the hospitals.
- Work clients as they are discharged from the hospitals and link to resources.
- BHL will work in the community as assigned
CARE MANAGEMENT/CARE MANAGEMENT RE-ENGAGEMENT
- Work a daily list to re-engage clients with no contact in 30/60/90/120 days.
- Work with the outpatient location to continue client engagement once contact has been made.
- Comprehensive Care Management – Initiate, complete, update, and monitor the progress of a comprehensive person-centered care plan (as needed).
- Care Coordination – Participate in the patient’s physical health treatment plan as developed by their primary care provider as necessary. Support scheduling and reduce barriers to adherence for medical and behavioral health appointments. Proactive outreach and follow up with primary care and behavioral health providers.
- Referral to Social Supports – Identify and facilitate access to community supports (food, shelter, clothing, employment, legal, entitlements and all other resources). Communicate patient needs to community partners. Provide information and assistance in accessing services.
- Patient and Family Support – Provide high-touch in-person support to ensure treatment and medication adherence. Provide caregiver counseling and training. Identify resources to assist individuals and family supporters.
- Transitional Care – Provide additional high touch support in crisis situations. Participate in development of discharge plan for each hospitalization. Develop a systemic protocol to assure timely access to follow-up care post discharge. Establish relationships with other treatment settings. Communicate and provide education.
- Health Promotion – Education the patient and his/her family on independent living skills with attainable increasingly aspirational goals.
Provide care management to adults and children focusing on strengths of individuals and families. Care management services assist individuals in gaining access to and maximizing the benefit of needed medical, social, educational and other support services. Care Management services as outlined in the TN Health Link model perform six distinct activities: Comprehensive Care Management, Care Coordination, Referral to Social Supports, Patient and Family Support, Transitional Care and Health Promotion. Care Management as a service is provided both at the office and also within the community as appropriate to the needs being addressed.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field of counseling, psychology, social work or other behavioral sciences and at least two (2) years of paid work experience in the behavioral health setting.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Submit your resume to:
- Date Posted: April 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/01/2023
- Salary Range: 40,000 +
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am until 5 pm