Assistant Director of Administration for Homeless Services
- Position Description
- This is a Civil Service position located with the Office of Homeless Services (OHS) in the Department of Social Services.
The Assistant Director of Administration for Homeless Services will perform managerial and administrative duties involved in planning and directing both the Fiscal and Human Resources activities for the Office of Homeless Services Department.
- Typical Duties
- Oversee/coordinate HR activities to ensure effective operations of the HR department– hiring, terminations, maintenance of employee records, evaluations, disciplinary, layoff, etc.
- Develop departmental HR rules, work practices, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate Departmental labor activities.
- Lead New Employee Orientation/Onboarding of new employees.
- Coordinate with Metro Human Resources.
- Supervise and complete business function to ensure accurate procurement, processing, documentation and reporting of expenditures and revenue, including grants in accordance to the regulations of each funding source.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of statistical and financial reports.
- Coordinate with the Finance Administrator/Admin Services Manager in the development of the Department’s annual budget.
- Track and coordinate procurement process to ensure preparation/creation of requisitions and purchase orders to ensure payments.
- Record Journal Entry/Account Clearing House wires for the Department.
- Prepare deposit of monies and maintain receipt log of all revenue for the Department.
- Serve on OHS Management Team.
- Assist in the development of short and long-term goals.
- Supervise staff in the Office of Homeless Services’ business office, evaluating performance, approving leave, counseling and correcting behavior as needed.
- Enter data into R12.
- Represent Department at meetings of local, state and federal officials.
- Minimum Qualifications
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of increasingly responsible, professional-level administrative/fiscal experience. *No Substitution*
Must have demonstrated successful completion of projects assigned with a progression in both project size and complexity.
Valid Driver’s License
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
- Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience supervising staff and leading initiatives
- Proficiency in using Outlook, Word, Excel
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience collaborating with internal and external partners
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
Metro offers a generous core benefit package to eligible employees who are regularly and consistently working 20 or more hours per week. Insurance and benefit coverage is effective the first of the month after the employee has worked 30 days. Employees can change their benefits within 60 days of an eligible change in status or during Annual Enrollment. Metro also offers optional benefits from which the employee may choose. Family members, including eligible spouses, domestic partners and children, are covered under most of our benefits programs.
Medical: Choice of two plans; Metro pays 75% of premium
Dental: Choice of two plans; Metro pays for single coverage
Basic Life: $50,000 basic term life coverage; Metro pays 100% of premium
Pension: Formula-driven pension; 100% Metro funded; 10 year vesting for new employees
Paid Family Leave: Runs concurrently with time designated as FMLA leave (up to 30 days)
Longevity: Annual bonus beginning after 5 years of service; increases annually up to 20 years
Work Life/ Employee Assistance Program: Wide variety of counseling, referral and consultation services provided free
Other*: In-line-of-duty injury benefits, AD&D insurance, and Medical Disability eligibility after 10 years with Metro
Paid leave: (Full-time employees)
- Vacation: 10 vacation days a year; increasing after 5 years of service (For Non Civil Service departments, contact the department’s human resources office)
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year (For Non Civil Service departments, contact the department’s human resources office)
- Sick leave: 12 days of sick leave per year
- Other leaves: Judicial leave, military leave, bereavement leave
How to Apply
- Job Number
- Date Posted: April 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/01/2023
- Salary Range: $105,069.36 Annually
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk