YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
AMEND Together Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Are you interested in supporting boys’ social and emotional growth?
Do you have a passion for building communities that are healthy, safe, and compassionate?
Is it your mission to end sexism and violence?
If so, please apply!
AMEND Together is a primary prevention initiative dedicated to ending violence against women and girls by engaging men and boys to be a part of the solution. Together, we seek to challenge the culture that supports violence, cultivate healthy masculinity, and change the future for women and girls. Help us make Nashville the safest city in the nation for women and girls. AMEND Together is a program of YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee that works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
This position operates AMEND Together clubs with local middle and high school boys. The Specialist ensures that all clubs are facilitated in line with AMEND Together standards and best practices of youth development.
- Facilitates creative, experiential AMEND Together clubs to K-12-aged boys in accordance with youth development principles and MNPS standards, always maintaining an appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with school administrators, staff, and appropriate community agencies to provide quality services to program participants.
- Serves as a liaison between MNPS schools and AMEND Together at YWCA.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused, and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains student retention in accordance with fiscal year goals.
- Achieves outcomes as determined by fiscal year objectives.
- Participates in YWCA Amend Together activities and/or events as needed.
- Recruits students and faculty to participate in YWCA AMEND Together activities and/or events, as needed.
- Tracks daily attendance, outcomes, and other statistics; submits accurate and timely reports as required in ETO.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with MNPS and FERPA.
- Collaborates with Sr. Director of Youth Development Services to adapt curriculum and materials across all age groups served.
- Facilitates student service-learning projects.
- Recruit, enroll, and provide program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Purchase and pack supplies for all sites.
- Supports the value and potential of every student.
- Impacts student progress in academics, attendance, and behavior using data points/outcomes.
- Provides family outreach, involving students’ parents in student activities through regular communication.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers, as needed.
- Actively participates in Team meetings, All Staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Continually seeks to improve through professional development.
- Represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in education, psychology, or related field and two to three years of experience teaching or facilitating youth. Relevant experience or certifications may replace educational requirements.
- Tolerant of various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Ability to communicate clearly, move quickly, climb stairs, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The position requires the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and a clean driving record for the last three years. Must be certified in CPR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success in group facilitation and public speaking.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Successful collaborative skills in working with a variety of diverse groups.
- High follow-through with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work as a part of a team and independently.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
Eliminating racism and empowering women is the mission of the YWCA Nashville. Work with us and receive:
- 10 Paid Holidays *Employer Paid Medical *Employer Paid Long Term Disability *Parental Leave
- 2 Floating Holidays *Employer Paid Vision *Employer Paid $25K Life *Health Reimbursement
How to Apply
For faster consideration, please use this link to apply for this position.
- Date Posted: April 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/13/2023
- Salary Range: 17.99/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk