Matthew 25, Inc.
Aftercare Case Manager
Matthew 25, Inc.
About Matthew 25, Inc.
Matthew 25 is a non-profit based in Nashville, TN that serves men experiencing homelessness in Nashville, including those re-entering society post-incarceration. We currently have three programs we offer in-house: Transitional Housing Program, Progressive Housing Program, and the Aftercare Program. Matthew 25’s mission is to offer Housing, Help, and Hope. We offer Help in facing the issues causing or resulting from homelessness. We offer Hope by walking alongside each of our clients, encouraging them in their journey to success. Finally, we offer Housing as a means for our residents to be in a safe space to heal and grow while they accomplish their goal of ultimately finding permanent and stable housing.
The Aftercare Program is a grant funded initiative from the Veteran’s Administration (VA) to provide services to Veterans who are working towards or have recently been housed from a homeless status. The Case Manager will be responsible for establishing relationships with each Veteran and creating goals that will assist the Veteran in sustaining their housing. The Case Manager will be able to work with individuals between 6 months and one year to ensure the Veteran has the maximum support needed. This position will be meeting the Veteran at their new place of residence and engaging in outreach out of the office. The Case Manager will be required to travel within the Middle Tennessee area often, with the remainder of work week in the Matthew 25 offices.
- Engage in case management services with each client, in person, at least monthly, more often if needed.
- Create individualized service plan goals with the client regarding areas such as physical and mental health, recovery, finances, employment, community engagement, legal issues, etc. Monitor progress made for each goal during program participation.
- Refer/apply clients to local resources that will assist with achieving their goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate Veterans Administration (VA) staff, landlords, and other community agencies.
- Maintain proper documentation of all services provided to clients in a timely manner.
- Engage in outreach to partnering organizations in order to obtain referrals for the program.
- Meet deadlines for reports and files required by VA.
- Participate in Matthew 25 team meetings, including VA Liaison meetings, and outside community collaboration meetings.
- Adhere to Matthew 25 policies, procedures, code of conduct and attendance rules.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client information.
- Utilize time management skills to maintain a structured schedule of appointments.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health, Psychology, or another human services degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1-2 years of experience in providing case management preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources in Nashville preferred.
- Competent computer skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, under little supervision, while completing all necessary tasks.
- Valid Driver’s license, and reliable vehicle for all transportation requirements of this position.
- Lift up to 35 lbs.
- Background check and drug screen will be conducted.
We offer a competitive salary, based on qualifications and experience.
Matthew 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 4, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F