Linden Waldorf School
Linden Waldorf School
Position: Aftercare Assistant Teacher
Status: Part-time, Hourly (M-F 2:30-5:30)
The Aftercare Assistant shall meet the needs of the children, the program, and the well-being of the classroom. Prompt and regular attendance is an essential duty and responsibility of this position.
Classroom Responsibilities and Duties:
Support the Aftercare Coordinator through the following:
- Actively supervise students with focus even when distractions are present.
- Monitor students in play during sign-in or provide age-appropriate games and activities until a snack is served.
- Help prepare, supervise, and clean up snacks.
- Monitor homework, activities, or games after snack time.
- Help reset the classrooms and/or outdoor spaces and lock the buildings, as requested.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Maintaining and striving for an openness to understand Waldorf education and child development.
- Attendance/assistance at major all-school activities, all-school meetings, and in-service sessions as indicated by the Director of Education.
- Participation in the design and execution of an individualized plan for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description indicates the general duties and physical requirements of work performed by the employee with this job designation. It should not be interpreted or construed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and physical requirements required of the employee assigned to this job, as these might vary from day to day or as business needs demand.
Required Qualifications: High school diploma, ability to follow the guidelines and policies of Linden Waldorf School. A background check is required prior to employment.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Education or a related field or similar life/work experience. Familiarity with Waldorf education.
Salary is scaled based on experience and education.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at lindenwaldoef.org
- Date Posted: February 6, 2024
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 2:30 - 5:30pm