The Advancement Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of research and acknowledgment activities as well as relationships with agency partners that support the program and operating needs of Alive Hospice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan and coordinate the logistics and execution (including participation in set-up and breakdown) of all events that fall under the purview of the Advancement Department, with oversight of the Sr. Director of Advancement.
2. Develop and implement plans to grow event impacts (revenue, attendance, and awareness).
3. Engage with attendees and donors at events as well as act as an Alive ambassador. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
4. Prepare reports after each event.
5. Oversees the management and training of volunteers on both in-office tasks and events.
6. Along with the Sr. Director of Advancement, cultivate a new list of sponsors for outreach as well as solicit a pre-set list of sponsors for outreach including but not limited to emails, phone calls, and meetings to secure sponsorship pledges.
7. Assist the Sr. Director of Advancement in the coordination of corporate sponsorships including but not limited to tracking and data entry and management, preparing and sending invoices, tracking payments, and obtaining logo and advertising materials, as well as emailing ongoing ticketing and event updates.
8. Assist in the stewardship of corporate sponsors: emails, calls, visits, sending gifts, hand-written notes, and other affiliated tasks.
9. Oversee merchandise for all events and online sales. Responsible for inventory management including ordering merchandise for events and other special projects.
10. Assist with various departmental projects by coordinating deadlines, volunteers, and logistics.
11. Answer/return donor calls and either help the donor with their donation needs or assign them to the appropriate colleague.
12. Manage the stewardship of donors, specifically from a pre-determined list coordinated with the Sr. Director of Advancement and/or the Director of Advancement. Also, manage the donor acknowledgment of a pre-determined level of donor.
13. Donor and corporate sponsorship research as needed.
14. Oversee the management of the Advancement calendar and help meet departmental deadlines.
15. Responsible for maintaining accurate donor records/donor database.
16. Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by agency or funders.
17. Develop and maintain strong familiarity with agency programs and services.
18. Provide backup support to the Annual Giving Manager during “peak” donation periods.
19. Assist with departmental phone calls, mailings, administrative tasks, and errands.
20. Other duties may also be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrate ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet demanding funding deadlines. Ability to work collaboratively under pressure. Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Health, Vision, Dental, HSA, 403(b), Short Term/ Long Term Disability
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 09/18/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk