The Next Door Recovery
The Next Door Recovery
Job Title: Admissions Nurse
Reports to: Assistant Director of Nursing
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Education: LPN or RN
Travel %: none
Job Shift: Monday-Friday 3p-11p
Job Category: Healthcare
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Provides nursing assessment for clients who are being admitted to The Next Door’s continuum of care. Responsible for providing medical and psychiatric triage for current residents to determine if further evaluation needs to occur by TND’s medical providers as well as providing nursing care for clients who are being served through The Next Door’s continuum of care.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Promotes an inclusive culture that is respectful and professional.
- Conducts comprehensive and conclusive nursing assessments to assist in determining medical necessity for detox.
- Ensures that all admissions to all levels of care are correctly processed with providers and potential unit staff.
- Works collaboratively with providers to discern medical eligibility for detox and complete an initial assessment for those patients who meet the criteria.
- Works collaboratively with admissions and medical staff in the admissions process to provide appropriate crisis intervention as necessary by anticipating and responding quickly to escalating behaviors, utilizing de-escalation techniques to diffuse the situation, while correctly prioritizing safety concerns.
- Ensures that each client’s needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are properly assessed, evaluated, and met during assigned shifts.
- Remains calm under pressure and able to delegate staff responsibilities quickly and effectively during busy shifts and emergency situations.
- Identifies any client concerns/issues on assigned shifts and collaborates with clinical staff to achieve a solution.
- Communicates with nursing leadership regarding staff and client concerns during assigned shift.
- Attends scheduled admissions staff and nursing team meetings.
- Assist with triaging clients who need to be further evaluated by providers and provide direct nursing services for TND clients at all levels of care as needed or directed by the supervisor.
- Provide clinically excellent care throughout the nursing process to assess, determine outcomes, plan, implement, and evaluate care for persons withdrawing from addiction to alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines, and/or other substances.
- Maintain and review all clinical documentation to ensure adherence to organization, state, and federal requirements.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment in the clinic and residential areas.
- Ensures timely documentation in the client’s electronic health record of all nursing and triage assessment information.
- Remain current with required mandatory continuing education and training. Maintain continuing education necessary to maintain LPN license and certifications, and to maintain compliance with facility licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Adhere to the Standards of Addictions Nursing Practice, including Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Performance.
- Maintain compliance with Tennessee Board of Nursing Laws, Rules, and Regulations.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Coordinator in quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Monitor core functions, goals, and outcomes of the clinic and nursing services for quality assurance.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in medical detox and psychiatric evaluation, triage, and crisis stabilization preferred; strong assessment skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to interact effectively with persons of widely diverse roles, backgrounds, cultures, socio-economic classes, those in crisis or resistant or negative toward organization, effective oral and written communication skills.
- A valid unrestricted license as an LPN in the State of Tennessee is required.
- Minimum 2 years full-time experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to triage medical and psychiatric concerns and determine the most appropriate dispositions to ensure quality client care required.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
- BCBST Insurance-3 options offered
- Dental Insurance
- Visions Insurance
- Teledoc paid at 100% by TND
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) paid 100% by TND
- Long-term disability paid 100% by TND
- Ability to participate in TND’s 401k retirement plan, after a 6-month waiting period (with free financial advisor assistance as desired). TND provides a partial match to employee contributions.
- $25,000 Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment policy paid 100% by TND
- Paid Time Off (PTO) earned per pay period; accrual up to 120 hours earned in the first year
- Seven paid holidays plus one floating holiday
How to Apply
To Apply, Go to www.thenextdoor.org/careers
- Date Posted: December 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 01/15/2024
- Working Hours: M-F 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm