First Presbyterian Church of Nashville
Administrative Assistant for Worship
First Presbyterian Church of Nashville
Under the direction of the Pastor/Head of Staff, the Administrative Assistant for Worship is responsible for using their personal gifts and technical skills to ensure elements of worship are accounted for and executed professionally each week.
- Coordinates the scheduling of baptisms, which includes maintaining the baptism schedule, processing baptism requests, and communicating with requestees.
- Obtains Assisting Elders, as needed.
- Send instructions to the baptism family and Assisting Elder prior to the baptism.
- Coordinates the acolyte schedule.
- Collaborates with the Children’s and Youth Ministries to obtain acolytes and acolyte helpers.
- Ensures that all acolyte items are ready for use each week.
- Sends instructions to acolytes each week prior to the Sunday they are serving.
- Under the guidance of the pastors, coordinate the liturgist schedule.
- Maintains a list of potential liturgists.
- Emails instructions to liturgists each week.
Guest Preachers and Speakers
- Requests honorarium and W-9, and makes hotel arrangements for guest preachers/speakers.
- Gives instructions to Minute for Mission speakers.
- Maintains the worship flowers schedule and updates the Flowers Request form.
- Responds to requestees to confirm information, and sends thank you notes to those who provided the Sunday flowers.
- Keeps flower committee up to date with requests.
- Provides Communications with information for seasonal (Advent, Easter) worship flowers.
- Coordinates with the Monday Flowers Ministry, as needed.
- Obtains communion elements for worship services.
- Assists the Worship Council with preparing the yearly Communion Schedule.
- Obtains Session approval for the serving of communion.
- Provides the Communication Ministry with liturgical elements for worship bulletins (baptisms, liturgists, acolytes, worship flowers, guest speakers, etc.)
- Collaborates with the Communications Ministry to promote special worship services.
- Reserves facilities and requests support services for all worship services and meals associated with worship services.
- Coordinates with Facilities Ministry to ensure items needed for worship services are prepared.
- Provides the Facility Ministry with a monthly paraments calendar.
- Maintains the TEAMS Worship Planning Schedule and bulletin templates.
- Attends Liturgy and Staff Meetings.
- Collaborates with the Events Coordinator to coordinate logistics for special worship services. Special worship events include:
- Celebration of Faith Sunday, Ash Wednesday Service & Supper, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday Service & Supper, Good Friday, Easter Services & Breakfast, Ascension Day & Lunch, Kirkin Sunday, All Saints Day Service & Lunch, Thanksgiving Eve Service, Advent Music Celebration Sunday, Christmas Eve Services, Christmas Pageant, Christmas Day Service.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working as an administrative assistant or related role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Ability to quickly learn and use the church database (Ministry Platform), the facilities reservation system (eSpace), graphic design software (InDesign), and new software programs.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Proactive learning attitude and willingness to take initiative in anticipating the needs of the Pastor.
- Exhibits professionalism and clarity in verbal and written communications.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude, maintaining a positive relationship with other staff, members of the congregation, and visitors.
- An active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, functional knowledge of scripture, familiarity with the Reformed tradition, and an ability to integrate the Christian faith into day-to-day work in a way that brings about a comfortable advancement of the Gospel in relationship with colleagues and others, is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Life and Disability
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 19, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 10/09/2023
- Salary Range: $20 - $25 / hr
- Working Hours: 40 hr/wk 8:30 - 4:30pm