Tennessee Baptist Mission Board
Tennessee Baptist Mission Board
Provide administrative assistance and support to all functions of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
- Conduct assigned ministry with “Christ-Like Servant Spirit”, guided by TBMB mission, priorities, strategies, and goals.
- Contribute to all phases of responsibilities to the Mission and Objectives of the organization.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with other staff and external contacts.
- Demonstrate punctuality, dependability, and attention to detail. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity given the nature of Chief Administrative Officer’s work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain CAO calendar, discerning appointment requests priorities and timing.
- Coordinate communications and logistics of TBMB Strategic Planning process.
- Assistant to Executive Leadership Team, coordinating meetings, managing agenda, recruiting guests, following up on decisions, and other support functions.
- Manage TBMB Master Calendar, processing ELT reviews and approvals, producing reports as needed.
- Manage CAO’s travel budgets and expense reporting processes.
- Serve as Assistant to TBMB Partner Ministries Committee and TBC Committee on Constitution and Bylaws. Coordinate meeting arrangements, record minutes, and other assigned duties.
- Assist CAO with the preparation of presentations and other materials for meetings and conferences.
- Maintain CAO’s standard inquiry response library to common church governance and church administration inquiries.
- Coordinate production and distribution of monthly accountability reports.
- Facilitate the production of TBC Book of Reports and TBC Journal in coordination with Communications Team.
- Assist CAO with all special assigned projects.
- Perform assigned duties in preparation for and during the TBC Annual Summit.
- Perform special projects and analyze data at direction of CAO.
- Support Governance Specialist in maintenance and processing of property and casualty insurance program and other clerical duties as needed.
- Perform all other duties as needed or assigned.
Preferred Qualifications for Applicants:
Credentials and experience:
- Education: Four-year college degree with business related courses
- Experience: One to three years related work experience
- Project management experience with anticipation of certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
- Microsoft office proficiency needed in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Ability to interact with and extract information from accounting systems
- Retirement Program – 10% of annual salary
- Life Insurance – standard amount of coverage is four times annual salary. (No underwriting required when enrolled within first 30 days of employment)
- Medical Insurance – Employer pays 100% of employee only premium and 75% of dependent premium
- Long Term Disability Insurance – 60% income replacement up to $15,000/month
- Spouse Life Insurance – standard coverage of $10,000 is available without underwriting if enrolled within first 30 days of employment
- Child Dependent Life – coverage of $10,000 on each dependent child available without underwriting if enrolled within first 30 days of employment or child’s birth
- HRA – reimbursement of 80% of employee deductible ($1600 ind./$3200 family maximum) OR HSA (depending on medical plan option)
- HSA – contributions of $1600 individual coverage and $3200 family coverage
- PTO – accrue hours each pay period for up to 17 days by end of first year.
- Short Term Disability – income replacement based on length of service
- Paid Holidays
How to Apply
Interested candidates may review the position description and apply by going to https://www.tnbaptist.org/pages/employment and click on the position they are interested in.
- Date Posted: June 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 07/10/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs./wk; M-F