The Alignment Nashville Administrative Assistant is an important member of a small, collaborative, highly effective organization that mobilizes strategic partners to challenge and address systemic barriers in order to equitably impact the growth, development and academic achievement of each Metro Nashville Public School student. Our vision is that all Metro Nashville Public Schools students meet their unique potential.
The following core beliefs guide our work:
- There are no expendable students; we believe that all children are capable of learning and growing.
- We must be bold and courageous in our efforts, always keeping the needs of students in the center of our work.
- We must encourage innovative thinking in addressing barriers.
- We believe that the Nashville community has the resources that are needed to take care of our students.
- We must ensure that all students have genuine access to resources and opportunities to meet their unique potential.
Alignment Nashville strives to be a collaborative, learning organization that values personal responsibility and innovation and encourages all to contribute ideas, share opinions, and help each other. We are a small team with a big job to do, which means we need to work together to accomplish our goals for our community. We seek out those with extraordinary talent and passion who like to be challenged and thrive on collaborating, learning and sharing, and we do everything we can to support you and celebrate your contribution to the community.
This position reports to the Vice President.
Primary duties include:
- Provide general administrative support to Alignment Nashville operations
- Provide direct support to Vice President in planning and implementation of all Nashville Hub and Alignment Nashville events
- Assist in coordination of local meetings
- Manage office supplies and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills necessary:
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office products, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and comply with multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in a similar position
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
- The work environment involves every day risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms; use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there is some moving and carrying of light items.
- The employee should be able to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, observe details at close range and have the ability to communicate with others.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Alignment Nashville provides medical and dental benefits and life insurance to full time employees, with additional voluntary options available.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: March 28, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 42,000 - 52,000