Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is a growing non-profit organization seeking a fulltime Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant performs various routines including bookkeeping, clerical work, and client billing for several departments. The prefer candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail. The Administrative Assistant work is on-site at the Catholic Pastoral Center, 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
- Performs a wide variety of recurring office procedures such as mail handling, maintaining inventory of office supplies, phone and email inquiries, and preparing correspondence, etc.
- Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining records, prepares invoices, and collect supporting documents of office expense, revenue, expenses for reimbursement or credit card billing backup.
- Responsible for client billing for assigned programs. Contacts clients to obtain, verify, and update account information when necessary.
- Maintains client information in the Salesforce database.
- Organizes and maintains all files and records and disseminates information as necessary.
- Prepares concise reports as requested.
- Assists in improving workflow for optimum efficiency.
- Performs general clerical duties.
- Acts as liaison for the department in routine administrative matters.
- Prepares accounts payable vouchers for agency vendors on a timely basis. Maintains file.
- Participates in program and/or agency staff meetings.
- Maintains current knowledge on general policies and procedures for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in administrative support required.
- Prefer candidate with prior experience in a non-profit setting.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Knowledge of modern office practices, and procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of general office equipment, equipment systems, and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be detailed oriented with good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be capable of accepting responsibilities and prioritizing work and working under pressure.
- Must be flexible with time required to perform job functions and meet deadlines with the ability to work independently.
- Must have superior communications skills, oral and written, applied in a courteous and professional manner as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make mature and prudent decisions.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and utmost discretion in all matters.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the programs and act promptly in response to them.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- 403B plan with company match.
- Pension plan paid by the agency.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1602547/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Administrative-Assistant
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: March 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.