FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for an Activity Assistant in our Nashville location. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
In this role, you will engage with and provide daily assistance to participants, assist with program recordkeeping, and assist the Activity Coordinator to implement program activities to provide the highest quality services and support for FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services participants
- In collaboration with the Activity Coordinator, plan, implement and evaluate daily program activities including crafts, recreation/social activities, health/physical exercise and trips to ensure program participants are engaged and receive maximum benefit from the participation at FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services.
- Monitor, encourage, assist and lead program participants. Escort participants to and from activities and transportation. Assist with distribution of meals and snacks. Assist as needed with meal preparation.
- Complete and submit accurate documentation in a timely manner. Documentation includes mileage and occupancy reports (on and off vehicle times), incident reports and notes on significant changes in participants’ condition or demeanor.
- Assist with program recordkeeping and completion of program requirements, reports and participant paperwork to meet program requirements and deadlines, and to ensure effective flow of the day in the program.
- Drive organization vehicles including a 15 passenger shuttle bus and 11 passenger van providing transportation for participants to and from the program and for program activities.
- Complete vehicle checks to ensure safety and functionality. Bring concerns regarding vehicle deficiencies to the immediate attention of supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we require:
- Effective communication (verbal/written).
- Active listening, giving full attention to other people’s needs, taking time to understand the points being made, and restate the needs of others as they express them to you.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively and attentively with older adults, staff, colleagues and volunteers.
- Excellent detail and organization skills.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, stand for long periods, lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working with older adults.
- 1 – 3 years’ caregiving experience.
- Experience driving a group passenger vehicle preferred.
- CPR and ServSafe certified or willing to be trained.
- A valid TN driver’s license with F endorsement (or able to obtain F endorsement), a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all Centers
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: April 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm