Greater Nashville Regional Council
Accountant or Associate Finance Officer
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced accountant to serve as a finance officer on its Finance team. Under the leadership of the Finance Director, the Finance team is responsible for managing the accounting and analysis of GNRC’s financial activity to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, invoicing, payroll, and financial reporting. The Finance team collaborates with GNRC’s executive office and program leadership to develop an annual operating budget.
GNRC was established in 1965 by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD). More information is available at GNRC.org.
In general, the duties of the Finance Officer include:
- Reviewing agency expenditures for compliance with program budgets and contracts;
- Monitoring and assisting subgrantees with invoicing and documentation to ensure compliance;
- Reviewing and processing bills and invoices from vendors, sub-grant recipients, and consultants for payment;
- Preparing invoices and compiling documentation to recoup costs incurred by GNRC;
- Preparing, analyzing, and interpreting financial reports and/or projections;
- Reconciling general ledger and program-specific activity with internal financial management tools;
- Assisting with routine month-end, quarter-end, year-end and audit-related tasks, as assigned; and
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the Finance Director.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management or a related field from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of experience in accounting is required. The ideal candidate will have advanced training or continuing education specific to accounting or finance. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Required Technology Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat is required. GNRC uses Sage Intacct and Abila MIP Fund Accounting software and is willing to train the selected candidate as needed, but prior experience using at least one accounting/bookkeeping software is required.
Remote Work Flexibility: This is not a remote position. The selected candidate will expected to work onsite on core business days. Work from home flexibility is provided when possible at the discretion of the Finance Director.
Full Benefits Package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, TN Consolidated Retirement System and other 401k options
How to Apply
Compensation: The starting salary range is $47k to $57k depending on experience and qualifications. GNRC offers a fully paid pension through the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System and provides a dollar for dollar match to a 401k up to 3% of gross salary. Inquire for more information about benefits.
Apply: If interested, please apply at www.gnrc.org/jobs
- Date Posted: February 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: 47,000-57,000
- Working Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm