Invest in the future of nonprofits!
Thriving nonprofits are essential to a strong community, and CNM has strived for nearly four decades to help agencies streamline their operations, incorporate best practices, and collaborate to achieve their goals and improve living conditions in Middle Tennessee.
The Nashville area is fortunate to have more than 1,100 nonprofits with nearly 80,000 employees. Nonprofit employees represent nearly 9% of private sector employment locally.
Davidson and its surrounding counties have grown between 20% and 40% in the past decade. As an area grows, so do the needs felt by its most vulnerable residents. In a time of widening income inequality, systemic racial injustice, housing shortages, escalating weather-related disasters, and dramatic population growth – the nonprofit sector has been under more intense pressure than ever.
About the Evolution Campaign
It’s more important than ever for CNM to be a strong capacity-building partner for organizations working to support our most at-risk neighbors. CNM is uniquely poised to help nonprofits tackle the challenges of tomorrow by strategically evolving our operations today through its position as a knowledge base, a connector, and a collaborator. But we can’t do it alone.
We invite you to INVEST in the future of nonprofit success by supporting the Center for Nonprofit Management’s Evolution Campaign.
“The Center for Nonprofit Management is not only a pillar in the community but truly exemplifies the very nature of a nonprofit organization. They are committed to amplifying the nonprofit sector with a committed staff, dedicated board of directors, and programs and service which mirror the realities of a nonprofit’s organizational dynamics.”
— Marshall Crawford, President & CEO of The Housing Fund
Three Pillars of CNM’s Mission in Action
The Center for Nonprofit Management develops individuals and nonprofit teams professionally so that they can maximize their impact in the community. CNM offers an unparalleled set of resources that empowers nonprofits to scale efficiently and confidently so they can meet more needs. Our programming connects nonprofit professionals, supports their continuing education, and gives them the tools to grow their agencies.
- Our nonprofit job board connects thousands of great candidates each year to careers at local nonprofits
- CEO Conversations allow space for executives to learn from one another and share best practices while strengthening the whole nonprofit community
- Networking and affinity groups including the HR Leaders Group, the CEO Peer Advisory Group, and Young Nonprofit Professionals convene passionate community advocates to share resources and learn from one another
- Town Halls and Community Conversations give space for education and reflection on a variety of topics
- We offer hundreds of educational workshops each year that cover the best in nonprofit trends and education
- CNM connects community members with an unmatched slate of experts in nonprofit management and business growth
- Our certificate programs help individuals and teams dive deeper into relevant topics to become subject matter experts
- Our resource library gives nonprofits access to helpful niche tools and ideas
- CNM’s equity workshops aim to provide support for organizations to understand and dismantle systems of oppression that affect our communities and systems
- Our Collective Impact and Innovation catalysts help nonprofit teams turn their big dreams into real, impactful programming
- CNM’s consulting services provide laser-focused feedback and guidance on an organizational level
- Our scholarships help budget-conscious individuals and groups access high-quality training and networking opportunities
- Members get access to the GrantStation platform to help boost and streamline their funding process
An enhanced training experience for nonprofit professionals
After 10 years at the Trolley Barns, CNM has signed a lease at Silo Studios in The Nations.
Our new space will boost our commitment to nonprofit excellence by offering:
- customizable, expanded meeting space options
- cutting-edge AV that accommodates virtual and hybrid meetings
- ample parking space
About the Campaign — Frequently Asked Questions
How does CNM's work impact the nonprofit community?
For nonprofits to be effective in meeting their missions, they need support. The better the support, the stronger the foundation of the agency and the more stable the organization will be. By partnering with CNM, nonprofits get access to continuing education, customized consulting, networking and collaborative events, subject matter experts, resources and discounts, and more.
What funding is needed?
Technology and equipment: $100,000
Furniture and furnishings: $150,000
Soft cost: $75,000
Total campaign: $750,000
What are the phases of the Evolution Campaign?
The campaign has three phases.
STAGE ONE — Planning (Spring 2022)
- Awareness campaign
- Leadership and steering committee cultivated and recruited
- Feasibility Study
STAGE TWO — Silent Phase (Summer 2022)
- Convert steering committee into the capital campaign committee
- Conduct several small cultivation events
- Naming rights opportunities
STAGE THREE — Live Phase (Fall 2022)
- Formal solicitations to select individuals and organizations
- Front facing campaign for hard, soft and sustainability sunk cost
How can I support the campaign?
Thank you for helping ensure a strong future for Nashville’s nonprofits through CNM’s programming and collaboration. Click the button below to make a donation.
Is your company interested in sponsoring the Evolution Campaign? Please email Campaign Manager Gerald Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The work CNM does to be the go-to for job seekers in our sector is invaluable.”
— Marsha Edwards, CEO of Martha O’Bryan Center
Did you know?
- CNM’s jobs board is viewed 50,000 times each month
- In 2021 alone, we connected great candidates to more than 2,700 openings
- CNM has facilitated more than 300 high-quality CEO placements at local nonprofits