People Loving Nashville
Kitchen & Food Coordinator
People Loving Nashville
As the Kitchen & Food Coordinator, you will play an important role to plan and oversee the meal preparation for all our outreach programs. You will oversee the collection of food donations, create menus, input food orders timely, and maintain a weekly budget. In this role you will also oversee a team of volunteers in the food preparation and packaging.
The Kitchen & Food Coordinator is a part-time role and will report to the Manager, Resources & Donations. As the Kitchen & Food Coordinator, you have a passion for creating budget-friendly and hearty meals for anywhere between 100 and 200+ people. You are able to provide guidance to volunteers and you are impeccably organized. You are a team player and excited to work for an organization that is mission and faith-driven.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage with people experiencing unsheltered homelessness as well as those who have recently transitioned off the streets to reduce the risk of harm and to enhance safety and health
- Plan, shop, and prepare meals for weekly outreach program, family dinners, and volunteer retreats
- Fully stock, inventory and maintain food pantry
- Oversee volunteers in the preparation and packaging of the meals
- Maintain food inventory, ensuring a log is kept and food is properly stored and labeled
- Manage food budget and work to establish practices of food sustainability
- Order and pick up food from donation sites and purchase orders as needed and in a timely manner
- Coordinate food donations being dropped off/ picked up
- Maintain safety and health guidelines for kitchen, food service/storage and pantry
- Oversee kitchen equipment cleaning and maintenance orders
- Participate in weekly PLN programming, providing support, as needed
- Perform other duties to support PLN, as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You support the work, mission, and values of People Loving Nashville
- You have the desire to meet people where they are and a passion for service
- You have demonstrated experience cooking for large-scale events whether that be in catering, at food kitchens, restaurants, or something similar
- You are an effective communicator, whether that’s in person, by email, or phone and you’re able to communicate easily with people from varying walks of life; you’re a patient and an attentive listener
- You are flexible and adaptable to the needs of a grassroots organization and willing to jump in where needed.
- You work well with volunteers
- You’re a natural collaborator and work well in a team setting; you are willing to do what needs to be done to ensure the support of the clients
- You have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines independently
- You have a valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
Please inquire within about benefits.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Include your last name and the position title in the subject. (example, “Jones – Outreach Specialist”.)
- Include your cover letter and resume as pdf attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.”
- In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity and whether you have applied for a position at People Loving Nashville in the past.
- Date Posted: April 28, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other