AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through educating communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins.
AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused around a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & External Relations
POSITION SUMMARY: Do you thrive on building and stewarding donor relationships? Do you love to communicate impact through stories? The Development Manager plays a key role in ensuring AncoraTN fulfills our mission to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in
Tennessee, through developing and maintaining relationships the community, inviting them to invest in the lives of survivors.
Donor Relationships (70%):
- Build and maintain relationships with donors up to $1000.
- Manage monthly donor society, Hands of Hope, communication, engagement, and participation.
- Lead fundraising campaigns including strategy, donor segmentation, and content creation.
- Oversee portfolio management for the development team, COO and CEO.
- Implement donor recognition and appreciation strategy.
- Launch and manage lapsed donor campaigns to convert inactive donors to active.
- Assess and tailor donor engagement with the organization to meet the donor’s objectives, consistent with the needs of the organization.
- Provide back up support for donor acknowledgments and tax receipts.
Event Management (30%):
- In partnership with Development and Communications Associate, envision, plan, and execute fundraising event(s)
- Build co-chair relationships and engage key stakeholders in event planning.
- Manage sponsorship and fundraising goals and relationships.
- With support from the Director of Development and External Relations, develop impactful program and entertainment that is mission focused.
All positions at AncoraTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgement free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and the ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at AncoraTN.
Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Some car travel and use of personal vehicle is required. The work expectations will include some work at the AncoraTN offices along with some work from home opportunities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience in development and fundraising.
- People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations.
- Strong writing and compelling storytelling abilities to effectively communicate impact.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
- Proficient computer skills required, including: Excel, Outlook, Windows.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, donors and organization as a whole.
- Fast learner, ability to problem solve and capacity for hard work.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Sense of humor and overall good attitude about life.
- General knowledge about the issue of Human Trafficking and AncoraTN is desired.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
Full-time, 8am-4pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary based on combination of education and experience; range $48,000-$56,000
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- Cellular telephone provided
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions. Eligible for match after 6 months of employment
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position. No phone calls accepted for this position.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: April 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/01/2023
- Salary Range: 48000-56000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm