Nashville Humane Association
Nashville Humane Association
Operations Manager for Nashville Humane Association
- Animal hair and dandruff must be free of allergies.
- Exposure to potentially communicable disease, such as ringworm, rabies, etc.
- Applicants should be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- There may be exposure to fumes, animal smells, or airborne particles.
- The noise levels range from moderate to high at times and PPE will be provided.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate but not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, and carrying objects and animals of moderate weight.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Animal Flow (40%)
- Responsible for front facing day to day operations of the shelter. Including Pet Services, Intake, Community Outreach, Foster, Volunteer, and Animal Care.
- Conduct daily walkthroughs of the shelter, monitoring the health and wellbeing of the animals, as well as maintain flow of animals through the shelter.
- Provide regular status reports to other leadership, regarding shelter statistics, and animal flow.
- Ensure humane treatment and handling of all shelter animals, practicing the Fear Free method.
- Assist with coordinating back up support for Intake, Pet Services, Animal Care, and Community Outreach.
- Work with the Intake Coordinator and Vet Services on scheduling new admissions and transports.
- Participate in daily rounds through shelter, and daily operations meetings.
- Ensure behavioral observation notes are entered into shelter management software by Animal Care staff, and Pet Services.
- Oversee enrichment of shelter animals.
- Oversee behavior assessments, and playgroups.
- Advise Animal Care and Pet Services daily of which animals are ready to be placed on the adoption floor.
- Assist customers as needed with animal related questions or concerns.
- Create and maintain monthly schedules for each department.
- Hire, supervise, guide, provide feedback, and any disciplinary actions for all direct reports.
- Formulate and update all standard operating procedures for each department and update regularly.
- Demonstrate a commitment to team building through modeling a positive and respectful attitude toward all employees, volunteers, and partners.
- Conduct annual reviews for all direct reports.
- Identify outside training opportunities to benefit overall shelter improvements, make suggestions to the Executive Director for such trainings.
- Remain current on animal shelter best practices.
- Maintain shelter supply inventory.
- Build systems and protocols to ensure organizational sustainability.
- Maintain MSDS for shelter supplies and chemicals.
- Deal with difficult situations and resolve problems of a unique or sensitive nature.
- Oversee each area of responsibility is to ensure OSHA and TOSHA guidelines are being followed.
- Mentor direct staff and provide opportunities for training and career development.
- Report any repairs or maintenance needs to the Facilities Maintenance.
- Resolve complex operational and administrative issues involving direct reports.
- Maintain Animal Care, Pet Services, and Intake documents, and reports.
Community Programming (30%)
- Support volunteer and foster activities.
- Assist with coordinating back up support for volunteer and foster departments.
- Explore and implement, with the team, progressive programming.
- Help facilitate offsite adoption events.
- Responsible for ensuring all In-Kind donations are counted in and reported accordingly.
- Participate in and promote special events, Humane Education, outreach, and fundraisers as needed.
- Promote relationships with other local and national non-profit organizations, and animal welfare organizations.
- Willingly and cooperatively perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or GED, some college or college degree a plus.
- Experience managing others in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to submit to initial drug testing.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, shelter software experience a plus.
- Two years animal shelter or Non-Profit Management experience.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Strong customer service skills, two years of experience dealing with the public in a customer service setting.
- Valid Driver’s License
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 03/15/2023
- Salary Range: 60,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours M-F, some weekends and holidays required