Sexual Assault Center
Medical Front Office Assistant
Sexual Assault Center
Reports to: Operations Manager
Purpose: The Medical Front Office Assistant is the first responder to all SAC clients. This position plays an extremely important role in welcoming our clients and ensuring that they feel safe and comfortable. It is of utmost importance that the Medical Front Office Assistant is trauma-informed and able to provide compassionate care to all those we serve. The Medical Front Office Assistant provides clerical support of patient care, operations, finance department, and leadership.
- Maintain behavior that is compliant with Federal and State regulations, guidelines, and requirements including working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA.
- Answer telephone and route caller to appropriate place.
- Respond to door buzzer; allow entry for clients, visitors, vendors, and deliveries.
- Greet and check-in clients and visitors, announcing arrival.
- Cancel client appointments when needed.
- Process mail and scan/email to appropriate departments.
- Manage client’s physical and electronic charts; upload documents, collect co-pays, verify insurance/benefits.
- Retrieve and fax/mail medical records per patient request.
- Process deposits of daily collections.
- Provide clerical support for finance department including verifying payment details, mailing payments, and filing check stubs.
- Maintain and order office and janitorial supplies.
- Assist Operations Manager with vendors and service technicians for facility maintenance, repairs, and inspections to include cleaning services, alarm systems, monitoring and security lighting, backflow and fire systems, grounds, HVAC, phones, and A/V equipment.
- Create mailboxes for new staff.
- Manage office equipment to include postage machine (apply monthly postage and copy machines) order toner; schedule repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Maintain all service records.
- Maintain a neat and clean reception area.
- Assist with coordinating use of building by outside organizations.
- Order lunch for meetings as requested.
- Additional projects assigned by the leadership team.
- In downtime this incumbent may be asked to assist with creating and editing content for social media, including materials such as advertising, events promotion, articles, resources, publications, videos, and web/online content.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) is preferred.
- Ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with clients, co-workers and leadership.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office/365 applications (Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of client Electronic Health Record system.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, college experience is preferred.
- At least two to three years year of experience answering phones and providing office support.
- Prior experience in a Health Care or related fields.
SAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including: Health, Vision, Dental, long-term disability, 401K, AFLAC supplemental benefits, 2 Floating Holidays, and generous PTO.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: February 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000
- Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:15 am - 5:15 pm, Friday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm