Linden Waldorf School
Instructional Coach, 4th – 8th grades
Linden Waldorf School
Position: Instructional Coach, 4th – 8th grades
Status: Full-time, Salaried
Linden Waldorf School is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to serve as an instructional coach for teachers in grades 4-8. Candidates for this position will work with teachers to develop a deeper understanding of Waldorf pedagogy and child development. This position reports directly to the Director of Education.
This person will work as a part of a committed team of teachers and be an active member of our school community.
All employees are subject to the requirements of the Employee Handbook. In addition, all coaches are required to teach the curriculum outlined in grade-specific Scope and Sequence as 25% of their role.
- Serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, parent communication and general school procedures.
- Consistently assess where teachers are, what they need to move forward, and communicate those needs to the Director of Education.
- Strive for unity, harmony, and cooperation through tact, helpfulness, respect, and the recognition of individual differences and the special abilities and strengths of each teacher.
- Foster a professional, respectful, and appreciative environment in alignment with Linden’s Restorative Communications guidelines and employee Respect Agreement.
- Build trusting relationships with faculty and staff, identifying their needs and strengths, and supporting their work.
- Attends weekly faculty meetings.
- Attends section (Early Childhood, Elementary, and Subjects) meetings.
- Is a member of the faculty and performs all regularly assigned duties of other full-time faculty.
- Serves on pedagogical hiring committees.
- In conjunction with administration, supervises onboarding of all faculty.
- Attendance/assistance at major all-school activities.
- Supports the Faculty Leadership Council (FLC) in carrying out its responsibilities as stated in the FLC Mandate.
- As a member of the leadership team:
- Represents the school at public events and maintains a visible and accessible presence to the school and greater community.
- Represents the school educational associations.
- Is active in strategic planning and maintaining a long-term perspective on the development of the school and its programs.
- Counsels/guides the parent body on pedagogical issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Education or a related field
At least 5 years of teaching experience in a Waldorf school
Belief in the mission, vision, and values of Linden Waldorf School and the philosophy of Waldorf education
Commitment to completing a Waldorf leadership training program and/or ongoing professional development related to Waldorf education and leadership
Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Education of a related field
Waldorf teacher certification
Salary is scaled based on experience and education.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth