The Gideons International
The Gideons International
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for accurate and timely project items in relation to general accounting systems, procedures and policies. Assists the Finance department in day-to-day activities. Ensures that the journal entries, ledger accounts reconciliations, record of assets/liabilities and other financial transactions are complete. The overarching goal is to build a continuously improving accounting system with integrity and provide exceptional customer service.
Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliations, and schedules.
- Provide assigned monthly closing account analyses and reconciliations for various accounts.
- Lead monthly preparation for cash flow forecasts and participate in cash flow meetings across departments.
- Assist in preparation and review of financial statements, schedules, and accompanying comments.
- Assist in preparation of book of reports for Finance Committee meetings.
- Provide additional reporting and analysis to other departments as needed to assist in meeting their objectives and goals.
- Assist Director of Finance and other Finance staff with various other projects as assigned.
Other Essential Functions
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of accounting records and journals.
- Work closely with other functional teams to resolve any financial and accounting issues that impact the set of books.
- Oversee payables and other functions as assigned.
- Train new employees on Concur, electronic payables platform.
- Responsible for maintenance of proper integration of data from Concur to NetSuite.
- Oversee, review and maintain General Ledger for all payables vouchering.
- Manage and review ACH and Wire payments in USD and foreign currencies.
- Manage and review the reconciliation of corporate credit card transactions.
- Manage and review expense reports for payments and reimbursements.
- Manage, review and apply policies and procedures to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Prepare and file 1099 tax forms and ensure compliance to regulations.
- Oversee merchandise inventory functions and management.
- Responsible for monthly and annual reconciliation of merchandise inventory account.
- Review, maintain and control the flow of merchandise inventory General Ledger.
- Oversee semi-annual physical inventory counts and their reconciliations.
- Manage and review merchandise inventory reports processed by an Inventory Analyst.
- Manage and work closely with Inventory Analyst to ensure proper net margin on merchandise sales is being met, reviewing pricing structure and EOQ (Economic Order Quantity)
- Lead preparation for annual independent audit. Manage and coordinate with the auditors’ needed schedules and items of preparation for the annual audit. Serve as liaison with auditors.
- Prepare and assist with writing and maintaining financial procedures necessary for proper internal controls.
- Assist to facilitate and review annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for monthly budget meetings with other departments.
- Responsible for annual filing of tax returns and forms.
- Responsible for gathering monthly reports from National Association countries to be rolled up to World Report.
- Offer analysis to determine and prioritize workflow improvements.
- To add overall value to the organization and self by taking on ever-increasing responsibility, skill sets and spiritual growth.
- Perform related and unrelated duties as required.
- Obtain continuing education classes (CPE) as applicable to keep CPA license active.
- Participate in daily morning staff devotions; on a rotating basis serve by praying and reading Scripture in support of devotion leader.
Work Environment and Time Requirements
- Climate-controlled office environment
- 8-hour workday / Hybrid work schedule
- Variations in work volume sometimes require extended working hours
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience with accounting processes.
- CPA license preferred
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting desired, including funds accounting
- Proven experience with database management.
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Successful completion of a drug and background screen
Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, 401K and more
How to Apply
apply online at www.gideonsteam.org
- Date Posted: November 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 01/03/2023
- Working Hours: M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm